RainbowMuffinage
Heey. ^___^ ~♪♫

Old 06-06-2010, 12:41 PM

[IMGLEFT]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3405/3219662512_d86bd07941.jpg[/IMGLEFT]
The golden sunlight of the evening sky shone subtly down over the deep, blue, sparkling ocean. Behind the red-orange wash of the air, you could see small glimmers of stars appearing as the night-time approached. The sun hung low in the sky, just above the horizon, preparing to take a dip out of sight in just a few hours time, and a small group of pidgeys flew in syncronisation across the scene, riding the soft, summer wind.
[IMGRIGHT]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m130/kansasdude/Pokeball.png?t=1216928117[/IMGRIGHT]
A cliff stood, tall and proud, a barrier against the ocean's waves as they splashed up against the aincent rock. On top of the cliff, the ground was mainly sand, but the few small patches of grass that existed were lush, green and tall. Cool to the touch. It swayed in the breeze, bending this way and that.

Fifty metres away from the cliff's edge stood a house, an old chalet which now stood broken and aincent. A few of the long windows were borded up and the glass inside ones that weren't was cracked and misty.

[IMGRIGHT]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3571/3417167107_b4b7aa30e9.jpg[/IMGRIGHT]It had a raised porch with a tired swing which creaked in protest as the wind moved it. Lamps and candles were dotted about the place, waiting for night-fall so that they could be lit.

About half way inbetween the house and the cliff's edge stood a tall cherry tree, it's aincent bark bleached a pale cream colour by salt and time. Delicate blossom fell from the strong branches, swirling with the air like snow, casting beautiful shadows in the dying sunlight.
[IMGLEFT]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m130/kansasdude/Pokeball.png?t=1216928117[/IMGLEFT]
And there, under the cherry tree, bombarded with blossom, stood two dark figures ;; one, the larger, a boy, the other, whom reached half way up the boy's thigh, a young Houndour. The boy's hood was up, his headphones on, playing a familiar song. He hummed along, his bass tone vibrating softly. The houndour sat down and began scratching the back of it's ear with it's foot as it yawned. The boy looked down and smiled at the pokémon.

"I know, Wolf." he said, scratching the back of his friend's ears. "Not long now."

The houndour made a noise of content and smiled up at the boy, leaning into his hand. The boy grunted back and looked back out to the ocean, the song still playing over and over in his mind. Out of the corner of his vision, he saw a large, dark shape moving fast below the surface of the water. He held his gaze on it for a moment, blinked and it was gone.
[IMGLEFT]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m130/kansasdude/Pokeball.png?t=1216928117[/IMGLEFT]
Frowning, the boy snapped his fingers and the houndour stood up, wide awake and alert. It followed the boy as he started back towards the house, running to keep up. As they reached the front door, the boy looked back over the ocean. The winds were picking up a little, the first signs of grey wispy storm clouds gathering across the perfect sunset.

The houndour crouched down in front of the boy and growled, his eyes darting about the place as numerous wind chimes on the porch began to tinkle in the wind.

"Easy, boy." he coo'd the pokémon. "Easy . . ."

[IMGLEFT]http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a434/RainbowMuffinage/OLDHOUSE.png?t=1275843661[/IMGLEFT]But, because the dark figure couldn't even convince himself that there was nothing wrong, he began to back away, under the cover of the porch. Pulling his friend up into his lap, he sat on the bench-swing and buried his face in the pokémon's fur, breathing in it's woody, musky scent.
[IMGRIGHT]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m130/kansasdude/Pokeball.png?t=1216928117[/IMGRIGHT]
And then, with no warning at all, small drops of water began to fall from the sky. Small puddles formed quickly as the rain splashed onto the ground and the houndour whined into the boy's ear. He held his friend tighter, gently rocking the two of them back and forth on the bench-swing. The feeling was warm, familiar, comforting.

Suddenly, a single flash of lightning flew down from the now impenetrable inky black storm clouds. The sound made both the boy and the pokémon jump. The boy unzipped his hoodie and the houndour climber inside. Zipping the hoodie back up, the boy looked out at the ocean as more lightning bolts crashed down into the water and the low, loud grumble of thunder echoed through the purple sky.
The waves crashed harder up against the cliff-face, filled with a new strength and threatening to jump up onto the sandy grass. That was enough for the boy.

He stood up, carrying his friend inside his hoodie, and ran to the front door, quickly twisting the rusty door-knob shut behind him, slamming the door against the winds. He ran to the make-shift living room -- an old, mouldy couch, a few cardboard boxes and an ancient fireplace, heaped with logs. Curling up opposite the window, he and the houndour watched the lightning dance across the sky.

The thunder still groaned, but the sound was muffled by the stable walls and roof of the house. The pokémon whined softly again, nuzzling the boy's shoulder where his head lay. The boy stroked his scared friend, hushing him. Around the boy's neck hung a small, bronze cross. He held it between his thumb and forefinger and kissed it softly.

"I know I don't do this much any more, Lord," he whispered. "but we really need you right now."

- INTRO - basics - rules - characters - skelleton - accepted - extra -

Last edited by RainbowMuffinage; 06-07-2010 at 05:08 PM..

RainbowMuffinage
Heey. ^___^ ~♪♫

Old 07-03-2010, 08:45 PM

You are a regular human in the world of Pokémon, specifically the Sinnoh region. You own one of the amazing creatures, and decide one day to take a walk through Eterna Forest. As you walk, your Pokémon bounces along beside you, enjoying the[IMGRIGHT]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m130/kansasdude/Pokeball.png?t=1216928117[/IMGRIGHT] outing. The sun is shining, a flock of wild Pidgey are singing and, above all, you're pretty cheerful.

Then, suddenly, dark storm clouds begin to roll across the sky. Splats of rain fall down through the leafy canopy. You could [IMGLEFT]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m130/kansasdude/Pokeball.png?t=1216928117[/IMGLEFT]take refuge underneath a larger tree, but you feel drawn to a very small cave, a dent in the earth, for no apparent reason at all. Thunder and lightning crash and boom in the sky as you run towards the rocky haven. When you enter, your Pokémon jumps and runs towards the back of the cave in fear. You reach out to grab it, to stop it from running, but it manages to squeeze through a small hole in the cave wall. You look through the hole, hearing the sound of your Pokémon's footsteps fading.

You scratch and scrape away at the old stones and mossy plants around the hole, somehow opening it up so that the hole is large enough for you to crawl through. It's a tight fit, and it takes you a few minutes to shuffle towards the end, but you [IMGRIGHT]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m130/kansasdude/Pokeball.png?t=1216928117[/IMGRIGHT] make it through ! You Pokémon has left footprints in the softer ground of this cave, and you follow them intently, desperate to find your friend. The weather seems to have improved into a soft drizzle ;; nothing too harsh.

You emerge from this cave into a huge forest, vaster and far denser than Eterna. You call out your Pokémon name, hearing nothing [IMGLEFT]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m130/kansasdude/Pokeball.png?t=1216928117[/IMGLEFT]but the pitter-patter of raindrops hitting the earth. You continue to search, following the footprints in the ground, for hours until the sun begins to set. Eventually, you come to see an opening in the trees, and in the distance, you hear the sound of your Pokémon.

A smile on your face, you run towards the clearing and find your Pokémon sat on a small tree-stump, playing with a young Houndour. You run to your Pokémon, picking it up and petting it, proud to have finally found your friend. Suddenly, you hear a[IMGRIGHT]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m130/kansasdude/Pokeball.png?t=1216928117[/IMGRIGHT] cough behind you. There stands a boy, about seventeen years of age. He flashes a sly smile, cocking his head. You are suddenly over-whelmed with a feeling that you shouldn't be there. And then, everything goes black.

- intro - BASICS - rules - characters - skeleton - accepted - extra -

Last edited by RainbowMuffinage; 07-04-2010 at 07:07 PM..

RainbowMuffinage
Heey. ^___^ ~♪♫

Old 07-04-2010, 07:52 PM

- Comply with the rules of Menewsha. We don't want anyone getting into trouble. :pirate:

- Absolutely NO "God-Modding".

- Remember that highlighting stuff is the key to success. ;)

- Be nice to everybody ! If you're gonna flame someone, take it to the PM's, please. That's what they're there for ! :yes:

- To apply, you need to be FULLY LITERATE. This isn't me trying to be harsh or cruel, I just love detail. ;)

- To add to the last rule, that includes the following ;; post in PAST TENSE, use (( )) for OOC speech **, use ITALICS for thoughts and use ONE colour for your character's speech (( if you have two characters, allocate both of them their own colour. )).
******** To prove to me that you took the time to read the rules, title your application ;; "Bumble-Pumpkins". ********

- I like pretty posts, so please make your writing beautiful ! Just be sure not to include pictures in every post -- APPARENTLY, it counts as spam. ¬_¬ But, do feel free to make our posts colourful and READABLY bright.

An example of just how your posts should look. ;DX

(( My first post from my dearest friend Early Bird Special's thread, [b i t t e r ♠ s w e e t]. Please do bare in mind that it's not my very best piece of writing, as it was created by my brain a year or so ago. ;D ))

[ s k y ew e n d ys t o n e s o n ]

Just keep walking, just keep walking, la la la - la la la ~ ♪

Skye walked briskly down the large, stone street, talking in the amazing surroundings. The walls of the buildings eeked time and the welcome smell of food from the markets that had been held below them in the past. She sung to herself as she skipped towards the building that was to be her new home, her suitcase dragging behind her.

She stopped in front of the colourful mass of brickwork and windows, set down her suitcase and pulled a scrap of paper out of her back jean pocket. She read the note aloud.

"Building four, apartment thirteen." Skye said as she looked over the building for some indication of it's address. "Hmm."

Finally, she spotted a rust covered four symbol underneath one of the old windows. With a smile on her face, Skye picked up her suitcase and pushed open the old wooden door as it creaked in protest. Entering the building, Skye looked around at the tiled floor and the stone walls. The stairs also creaked beneath her feet as she accended the iron staircase.

At the top of the staircase, an old rug was set out across the floor, leading to five doors. Skye walked up to one of the doors, which stuck out from the rest of the building. On the front of the door at eye level was a silver thirteen set against the pale green door.

Looks like somebody's been attacking my apartment with a pot o' paint already.

Skye reached into her back pocket and pulled out a small key which fitted the apartment door perfectly. The door swung open with a gentle push.She stepped into her new home and whistled.

"Wow." she said, listening to the sound echoing off the walls.

She beamed as she raced to the giant wondows and looked out onto the street below. She sat there, staring out of the glass, watching the world go by.

- Before you join, please make sure that you are going to be able to keep up with it. If you're going to be away for a little while, let me know via PM, and you MUST post AT LEAST six lines of text PER POST. Don't just post something along the lines of "(( Yeah, I can't really do anything. Nobody's interacting with my character. :sweat: ))". I SHALL smite you for this. Talk about something your character can see out the window or have them interact with a pokémon. Worse case scenario, resort to emotional attachments to songs on their iPod. (:
******** To prove to me that you PROMISE to post PROPERLY, please include somewhere in your application ;; "Vanilla Twilight". ********

- Please don't steal anybody else's characters or biographies. Half of the fun of role-playing is coming up with an interesting and original character that is unique to YOU. You could use your own experiences or a dream you had to make your character awesome ! ;)

- Don't whine or complain if I gently prompt you for not following the rules. Whether you've "just been having a bad day" or you "just don't feel like writing right now", I'll still be kinda upset. I won't throw you out the FIRST time you break a rule, but the second time . . . POOF.

- Above all else, have a good time in this thread ! :yes: Or else . . . . . :illgetu:

** - Please note that OOC chit-chat should most definatly NOT dominate the thread. If I see that you've posted more OOC in this thread than actual writing to contribute to the story, I shall smite thee for this also. ;D We do in fact have an entire thread for ramblings and mumblings. Go there to complain about things ! :yes:

- intro - basics - RULES - characters - skeleton - accepted - extra -

Last edited by RainbowMuffinage; 07-04-2010 at 07:55 PM..