• Join Us

Condemned Citrus
  • Challenge Condemned Citrus in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 03:48 PM

*trrrrchhhhtttt* this is condemned citrus reporting from deep within the stronghold of the relatives... a place crawling with younger cousins, one believed to be more 'fashionable' than me, aunts and uncles, one little brother and boring Wii games (yes, Wii play does get boring the 500th time you're asked to play tanks with the smallest cousin)...
I must preserve my sanity by listening to others tales!
Quick, for the sake of those reading over my shoulder and my sanity
POST SOME RELATIVE STORIES!

Elleyena Rose
  • Challenge Elleyena Rose in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 05:06 PM

Well, relatives over at my house tends to be a massive affair as my dad's side of the family is rather large. This year we did a gift swap, and it turned out to be a lot of fun as we knew what each person wanted and would tease that person about stealing it (specifically a snuggy from my younger cousin

Zerah Star
  • Challenge Zerah Star in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 06:21 PM

it's gotten smaller with my family as most of the relatives have moved further away, but we did do the dice game this year, which was a riot as those in my family (myself, my mom, my dad) and the younger ones (my mom's friend's two girls and my mom's student assistant with her other friends daughter) were screaming for people to continue and clapping and cheering when doubles came up; as well as watching my mother steal a cell phone holder from the 14 year old was hilarious when she kept taking it back.

Then again it's been a sad holiday season since my grandma passed and my aunt following her. The salt and pepper shakes were hilarious I mean it wasn't the holidays unless they were fighting. Though now we remember the fights fondle and recount the two little old ladies of 87 and 90 got into a fist fight while hanging onto cane and walker on the stairs. Ah the good days..

As well it's not the holidays unless someone is hurt, goes to the hospital, or dad sets the tree on fire. btw, I was the one that was hurt this year, finally got my turn!

XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX
  • Challenge XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 08:12 PM

I don't have to see me family until New Years...te, he, he, he, he, he.

Kokihi
  • Challenge Kokihi in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 08:22 PM

My sister was over at her boyfriend's house all morning. I ended up at my boyfriend's house later in the afternoon and met a lot of his relatives. some that I didn't ever want to know...

The Dark Mirror

Old 12-30-2009, 10:08 PM

Oh gosh, I haven't had to deal with that for a while but I feel your pain. But I've had to deal with the running about of kids, the pinchy huggy Aunts and the insistance that you keep eating even though you're full.

Worst story I've got is the last one I remember having with my cousins and family on my Dad's side of the family. These girls drove me up the wall with their inane wholesomeness and really bizarre way of thinking. Each of the three of them has really poofy curly hair and they insist on wearing it in what can only be described as an Annie fro (except bigger and fluffier) but we won't go into that. Anyway, after hanging out with them for only a little bit (or trying to anyway given the huge differences in thought processes) their Dad, my blood uncle mind you, confronted me telling me to stay away from them because and I quote, I'm a bad influence. During the holidays mind you, not even a day before they were gonna open presents from me. The day of I just sort sat there watching, wishing my presents to them turned to coal...or straightening balm.

Yukiii-chan
  • Challenge Yukiii-chan in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 12:20 AM

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN. the same thing with the younger cousin...she always is like....UGH i think you get what i mean. lol :P but i still like her

Kokihi

Old 12-31-2009, 12:23 AM

almost all of my cousins are like that.

Last year my cousin took a card he got from my grandparents, opened it, took the money out of it and without even pretending to read the card, he shoved it in the couch and pocketed the money. this was at my grandparents house.

TECHNOlogic ANDROID
  • Challenge TECHNOlogic ANDROID in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 12:28 AM

Make a documentary! xD

Kokihi

Old 12-31-2009, 12:29 AM

whaaaaa? 0.o?

Seren
  • Challenge Seren in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 12:41 AM

I had to spend time with my grandparents who do not understand how dogs play. and ours play all the time. but it was okay I got what I wanted for christmas. a DSI. it was all I really wanted. But seeing the Avatar for christmas was awesome too.

MissAndroid
  • Challenge MissAndroid in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 12:49 AM

We have 21 family members over on x-mas eve and basically all I did was run interference with my one year cousin Zander. I was exhausted by the end of it all.

Clarise
  • Challenge Clarise in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 02:59 AM

You might enjoy this. It sounds bad, but it's not.

My cousin recently lost his job as an EMT (ambulance driver). He lives with his parents and went to school for computer something or other. So, he's not in a terrible position not having a job. Apparantly, he got fired over not filling out paperwork the right way or not doing it quickly enough or something.

Anyway, my sister and I think it's hilarious. Here's how she tells the story:

"One day in first grade, he got homework, but it was hard, so he went to Grammy and said, 'Grammy, do this for me.' Since Gram is super sweet, she did it for him, and he never, ever did his homework. Then, when he got a real people job, Gram couldn't help him anymore, so he just cheated because he never learned responsibility from doing his homework in the first grade."

Oh, Karma.

Alexz
  • Challenge Alexz in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 03:08 AM

My house was invaded by cousins this year. It was fun, because I haven't seen most of them in a number of years. The only downside is that all but one of my cousins is my age. The rest of them are 10 to 15 years younger than me. XD

Death3334
  • Challenge Death3334 in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 04:47 AM

I don't have to worry about that cause most of my relatives are mad at each other so they don't want to spend the holidays with each other.

Akuma-hime
  • Challenge Akuma-hime in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 06:36 AM

only a few of my relatives gather on christmas. the young adults from 14-23 gather together and the 30-56 go together and then at one point we all merge and watch old video tapes of the past

Arechi

Old 12-31-2009, 07:22 AM

I can somewhat feel your pain. My relatives mostly consisted of in-laws with my sister being my only actual blood relative there. Her fiance's family can be a little...overbearing. Although I have learned that giving my two brother in-laws and two of the kids nerf guns can equal a rather entertaining nerf war. Equally seeing the said brother in-laws attempt to play Lego Rockband on the wii and trying to get someone to be their singer was also rather amusing. XD

Ebony Mist
Send a message via MSN to Ebony Mist
  • Challenge Ebony Mist in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 09:11 AM

My cousin and niece found each other very interesting...

They're both 6.

Eastriel
  • Challenge Eastriel in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 12:21 PM

Umm it;s never like that in my family, out of the family who come over I'm the youngest. The rest of my family live up in london and the youngest one of us would now be about 11, so even if they were here it wouldn't be that hectic. ^^

Chalkboard
  • Challenge Chalkboard in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 02:06 PM

Weeell... I have two siblings & two cousins on one side, but who knows how many cousins on the other side XD however, we don't really do much worth writing about except for inside jokes =\

Le Phantastique
  • Challenge Le Phantastique in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 02:10 PM

I am hispanic so I celebrate Christmas Eve. My fiancé comes over the night of the 24th for our party...which ends pretty late. WE sleep for a few hours then go over to his eldest aunt's house - were Christmas ALWAYS is. It is exciting and I love it, as he is American. Its fun to see our different cultures and traditions and I am glad his family is just as crazy as mine - even if it a different way

Kokihi

Old 12-31-2009, 06:33 PM

Le Phantastique, thats really cool! experiencing different cultures is always so interesting.

right now my boyfriend's family is hosting a Vietnamese exchange student, and he was telling us about their traditions for new years, it was way different than ours.

Alchemist of Anarchy
Send a message via AIM to Alchemist of Anarchy
  • Challenge Alchemist of Anarchy in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 09:30 PM

Most of my family that actually WOULD come to visit are in Arkansas and wou;dn't know what to do with the Michigan snow. Although I do have one family of cousins in Lansing and we do sometimes go up there after the holidays are over. But the most we are ever together is when the Michigan families pile into the car for the nonstop two day ride to Arkansas. Or as we call it "hell wrapped in an SUV!"

LunarShinobi
  • Challenge LunarShinobi in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 09:48 PM

Last week, my mother visited my grandmother, who I live with. I left the room to show my mom a collection of sketches that I did. when I returned, I found them engaged in an argument that ended with "Yeah? Well at least I'm wearing panties today!" And my mother stormed out of the room.

I'm so... disturbed.

It was years and years ago. I had broken my leg, and we had gone to Disney land, so I was being pushed around in a wheel chair. My mom came across the mad hatter, who had another girl who was also in a wheel chair. A race as declared. My mom and the Mad Hatter tore down the walkway, when my mother let go of the wheel chair. I went flying past the other girl, and into a stone wall. It was funny, I was unharmed, but I have never let my mother live it down.

I went to visit my mother this Christmas. My younger step-sister, who I hate, is favored by my stepfather's family. (They love her, hate me.) I draw an online comic called the Adventures of Ninja Bitch. (It's about a CEO who lost her mind due to stress. It's chop full of Batman, anime, and obscure internet references) My sister saw me working on one of the Ninja Bitch comics, and demanded to see them all. Feeling inspiried, she put one of my mother's pink frilly bras on (Ninja B's favorite kind, according to the first comic) put on a pink sheet cape (Ninja B. wear's sheets as capes) and ran out of the house, up an down the street.

My mother lives across the street from my stepfather's parents. She was running back up the street just as my stepfather's uptight aunt and uncle were exiting their car. She was mortified, as were they. Me? I was hiding in the house, watching this all through the front window, laughing my ass off.

Hoped those relative stories helped make it easier to withstand your family.

William
  • Challenge William in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 09:52 PM

Well my family's pretty much normal, I have one brother & two parents. I don't know my cousins too well except Lucy and Lola (naming theme, haha my parents' siblings were funny) and also Roger, I don't know much about his brother and sister (Jordan and Margeret) but they live in England. Lucy & Lola live in America (California).