Crimson Fang
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Crimson Fang Send a message via MSN to Crimson Fang

Old 05-05-2014, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElysiumFate View Post
Have you ever read Kodlak's journals that are down by his room? That's what made me sympathize with and love him so much. He truly cares about the Dragonborn. I hate being a Werewolf. It's too easy to die in that form, so I know why it tainted your experience. I just cure myself as soon as I can and then cure everyone who asks for it.

The Archmage's robes don't count as light armor? You can actually stand Lydia, though? Most people kinda hate her.
Yeah, I read his journals. Haha I am maybe more heartless than you? As they didn't phase me all that much. Which is kind of weird as I liked someone in the Bard's college simply because they are (well were, as the vampires had to go and kill them >.<) insecure. I don't think they ever even did anything for me. I just felt sorry for them.

Unfortunately not, they don't count as armour at all. They simply count as enchanted clothing. I don't think any robes count as clothing in that game. I might end up switching over to light armour though. Especially as I am now both able to smith dragonbone armour and place two enchantments. :D

I don't mind Lydia. I have read that she can annoy people quite a lot. She has been quite reliable for me though. She seems both handy with a sword and a bow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Howdy View Post
I thought it was really easy to max out the werewolf abilities, and i'm at the point where I think he may be too overpowered as a werewolf. What I do like is that you're resistant to disease and I never have to worry about that. What I don't like 1) no resting bonus D: and 2) it takes forever to change back. Oh lawdy.

I'm not sure if i'll accept the moon blood again after I do the Dawnguard quests. I think you can get it back.
It was the third person view and controls which really irked me. I did start to get more used to it as I got further along. But the view always threw me off at least a little.

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-06-2014, 04:22 AM

You guys been vampires yet? Is it fun?

Crimson Fang
*^_^*

Old 05-06-2014, 07:32 AM

Unfortunately not yet. It is definitely on my to do list. Although at the moment I am working through the Thieves Guild. Totally share your curiosity though. :P

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-06-2014, 11:10 PM

I just finished the Thieves Guild last night. It was a lot of fun. I do wish there an entrance into the cistern from outside of Riften.

I may try my hand at the Dawnguard next. Or I may just run around and look for treasure.

It's getting harder to level up. I've maxed out my Destruction, Conjuration, Smithing, Enchanting and One Handed, but I don't wanna legendary them. D:

ElysiumFate
There is beauty everywhere.

Old 05-07-2014, 05:03 AM

@Howdy: Being a vampire is more fun for me than being a werewolf. The powers are sick. However, you do lose the ability to regen stamina and health in daylight.

Do two handed. ^.^

@Crimson: Eh, sometimes you just don't like some people. I get that.

Mmmmm. Duel enchanting weapons is badass. I love having weapons like that. There's also one enchantment called the "chaos" enchantment I think, that enchants your weapons with all the elements at once.

I just prefer mage followers so I never have used Lydia.

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-07-2014, 10:22 AM

That's what I did.

I went back to my Lakeview house and made a big ass dragon axe. Then I ran around killing Forsworn. They're a pain, am I right? --- Two handed makes using spells difficult, though.

Y'know, I realized that Skyrim is the only game i've played this year. And usually when I play a game for a long time, I get kinda frustrated. Like with Dead Island. It just seemed to drag on and i'm like "Okay, i'm ready to move on." But I just don't get tired of Skyrim. ;D

ElysiumFate

Old 05-10-2014, 03:50 AM

Oh, gracious. I agree with you there. I loathe the forsworn entirely except for the clan that you break out of the mines. I don't recall what city that was anymore. The forsworn bravehearts are a particular nuisance.

Yeah, I don't really get tired of Skyrim, either. Especially because I can just add a mod into it to make it more interesting.

Crimson Fang
*^_^*

Old 05-10-2014, 01:15 PM

Quote:
I just finished the Thieves Guild last night. It was a lot of fun. I do wish there an entrance into the cistern from outside of Riften.

I may try my hand at the Dawnguard next. Or I may just run around and look for treasure.

It's getting harder to level up. I've maxed out my Destruction, Conjuration, Smithing, Enchanting and One Handed, but I don't wanna legendary them. D:
Ah nice, I am currently undertaking the final quest for it. I will most likely go through the Dark Brotherhood quests next. I find them to be very enjoyable and don't think I have ever finished them on Skyrim. I think it might be because I enjoyed them more in Oblivion. Especially the quest where you are locked in a house with those other guests. Easily one of my favourite quests. :D

Have you maxed out Illusion yet? I find the muffle spell to be an incredibly easy way to level that up. Like ridiculously so. I think I have maxed it despite making it legendary two or three times.

Quote:
@Howdy: Being a vampire is more fun for me than being a werewolf. The powers are sick. However, you do lose the ability to regen stamina and health in daylight.

Do two handed. ^.^

@Crimson: Eh, sometimes you just don't like some people. I get that.

Mmmmm. Duel enchanting weapons is badass. I love having weapons like that. There's also one enchantment called the "chaos" enchantment I think, that enchants your weapons with all the elements at once.

I just prefer mage followers so I never have used Lydia.
Yes, definitely! That enchantment sounds amazing! Do you know if there is a counterpart for stat boosting enchantments?

I don't think I have ever had a mage follower before. I also remember how Lydia died. I accidentally killed her in my previous playthrough using fire spells. Didn't actually kill her this time, but hit the enemy and the splash damage...well it came close to killing her. I was lucky as it had been ages since I had saved!

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-10-2014, 07:00 PM

On my first playthrough I lost my Lydia by getting her stuck in terrain on a mountain somewhere. Since then she lives in my Whiterun house and isn't allowed outside.

My favorite follower (prior to Dawnguard, because Serana is pretty hard to beat) is Marcurio.

I think I posted about this somewhere before, but in my current save Marcurio is my new nanny. I married Farkas, and at the house in which I keep my freak children, had installed his brother Vilkas as my steward, but Vilkas was dead on the doorstep one day when I came home (probably horkers). His body won't decompose so I had to drag him around the corner and hide him in the haypile so I wouldn't have to explain it to my husband. Things are awkward. I don't go home much.

ElysiumFate

Old 05-10-2014, 09:09 PM

@Crimson: If there is a stat boosting counterpart I have not found it. XP

If you're playing mage, then a mage follower might not work well for you. For me the mages work because they're long range opposed to my melee character.

@Belly: Marcurio is my fave as well! I switched to liking Serana the best, but over time the fact that she raises the dead every two seconds started to disgust me.

Crimson Fang
*^_^*

Old 05-11-2014, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyButton View Post
On my first playthrough I lost my Lydia by getting her stuck in terrain on a mountain somewhere. Since then she lives in my Whiterun house and isn't allowed outside.

My favorite follower (prior to Dawnguard, because Serana is pretty hard to beat) is Marcurio.

I think I posted about this somewhere before, but in my current save Marcurio is my new nanny. I married Farkas, and at the house in which I keep my freak children, had installed his brother Vilkas as my steward, but Vilkas was dead on the doorstep one day when I came home (probably horkers). His body won't decompose so I had to drag him around the corner and hide him in the haypile so I wouldn't have to explain it to my husband. Things are awkward. I don't go home much.
Yeah that happened to me in Morrowind. I was so annoyed. I was worried that it had happened to Lydia at one point too. Thankfully she was not where I thought she was.

Is that with a Mod? Or can you hire workers with the regular game? That would suck with the lack of decomposition.

Quote:
@Crimson: If there is a stat boosting counterpart I have not found it. XP

If you're playing mage, then a mage follower might not work well for you. For me the mages work because they're long range opposed to my melee character.

@Belly: Marcurio is my fave as well! I switched to liking Serana the best, but over time the fact that she raises the dead every two seconds started to disgust me.
Haha it would be amazing though. Although my next enchanting goal is too attain free spells for two classes. :D If it works how I want it to work, I will then create some nice custom spells. :D :D

Yeah, it probably is best that way. Unless they use conjuration spells too. That would be pretty awesome!

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-11-2014, 03:02 PM

In the Hearthfire DLC you can hire folks that wind up residing with you. Whichever house you choose as your family home, if you've adopted kids, the Steward of that house kind of keeps an eye on them in that he'll wander around outside with them and handle any intruders, similar to the Housecarl. I just call those my nanny, it's not an actual nanny. :) I think a normal NPC would have decomposed upon death, but since Vilkas is also a Companion questgiver, and member of the Circle, he might have different rules. I dunno.

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-13-2014, 10:16 AM

@Crimson Fang ~ My Illusion skill is at level 80-something, but I typically cast Muffle and Illusion to raise it. Alteration is really easy to level if you have the Telekinesis spell.

I've been running around the map, looking for treasure and raising my Two Handed and Block skills. I was killing mages in the cavern beneath the lake (forget what it's called) and I ran into one particularly strong necromancer. So I decided to raise him and have him travel with me for a while, for fun.

We were crossin' the mountains and at the top he was like, "I'm scared." And I was like, "Geez. Fine, you baby. I'm outta here." -- I went down the other side of the mountain and continued my journeying.

I traveled around the map for about five hours, until I needed to unloaded some dragon plunder. So I fast traveled back to my Lakeview house. It was late and there was someone standing there. A mage, which was strange cause i'd never seen a mage near my house So I unsheathed my axe and cautiously approached... and it was my thrall.

After five hours I totally forgot about him. He missed me. :) ... So I killed him again.

Crimson Fang
*^_^*

Old 05-15-2014, 04:30 AM

@Button-
Ah nice, I will have to look into that at some point. That is pretty cool actually. I don't know about the NPC decomposition rate. I still have several bodies outside my house, in Whiterun, which died ages ago. There were initially two vampies who wouldn't decompose so I moved them to the small stream. Annoyingly not long after I finally moved them I was attacked by Cultists outside the very same house. Now their bodies are just laying there. People seriously need to stop being killed by me outside my house.

@Howdy-
Yeah, it is so crazy how quickly the muffle spell increases your Illusion level. Especially as I already have my character with a decent enough pool of Magicka and a nice regeneration rate. I will have to try out that Telekinesis spell. It is quite possibly one of my least used spells over all three Elder Scrolls games I have played. I only ever recall using it for one of the missions in Oblivion.

Block skill is quite boring to level I found. I think it is mostly because I would just stand there for extended periods of time increasing it. Somehow I don't think that was the intended use for the skill. Especially as the moment I got it to 100 I stopped using it.

Yes! I find that to be incredibly amusing. I like to kill off one or two enemies in a dungeon then see how far I can go using only raised enemies. As for treasure, I don't really spend much time looking for that. I do absolutely love stumbling upon side quests which have interesting back stories though.

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-16-2014, 02:37 AM

I totally forgot about the Block skill. Relying so heavily on being a Spell Sword, I never used it.

But I was traveling around with my big ol' Dragon Axe, trying to raise my Two Handed, and this Orc lady comes out of nowhere and attacks me. She was an Imperial soldier. But they don't usually attack me on sight, so I don't know what her beef was.

It was then I remembered the Block skill and I let her wail on me until it was at level 50.

It's funny how thralls grunt like zombies and others talk. I raised a Vampire Master and she just kept yammering on. It was amusing.

Reciter5613
Needing purpose

Old 05-17-2014, 03:26 PM

It was a tease when they rumored that this game would be available on next-gen console and then state it was not true.

Also did you see that fanmade remake of Oblivion using the Skyrim engine?

Exaggerated Rebellion
The Best Bounced Check

Old 05-18-2014, 01:00 PM

I love it when people remake previous TES games with the newer engines. There was a huge project to redo Morrowind with Oblivion's engine a while back which turned out fantastic looking; I hope something similar comes out of the Skyrim engine for Morrowind.

ElysiumFate

Old 05-20-2014, 06:08 AM

So I played some Skyrim yesterday for the first time in awhile and I adopted another child. I now have four. I think I have issues. XD But I can't adopt any more because I've run out of beds for them in my house (an extremely modded Lakeview Manor). XD I also married Marcurio again. <3 It's fun coming home to that house after long adventures.

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-20-2014, 09:09 AM

Who did you adopt?

I adopted Lucia from Whiterun and Hroar from Riften.

I had to do a very bad thing to adopt Hroar. He better appreciate it.

... Or the same just might happen to him. ... No.

ElysiumFate

Old 05-20-2014, 09:39 AM

*cracks knuckles* WELL, I have adopted Lucia, Sofie, Alesan, and Hroar. In all my playthroughs I adopt Sofie and Alesan if I'm playing a character who cares to have children. This time I couldn't take it anymore and got the multiple adoptions mod so that I could get a few more kiddos. They all have such sob stories that make me want to cry.

And yes. You have to do horrible things to get Hroar. I just want to adopt all the childrens but I'll stop at the four. Now I'm collecting pets. Lucia brought home a rabbit AND adopted Meeko when I brought him home. When I start Dawnguard I'm bringing home the huskies.

Crimson Fang
*^_^*

Old 05-21-2014, 12:49 AM

Well I am working my way through the Dawnguard expansion now. It is much more enjoyable than I had anticipated. I am especially happy with the area I am currently exploring. Love the environment here. Also the new conjuration spells have gotten me all excited. Oh and I am soooo much happier with the Vampire form than I was with the Werewolf one. I think this might be in part due to my preference for magic playing style. Or it could be that Vampire form is not made of paper like the Werewolf one is.
Quote:
I totally forgot about the Block skill. Relying so heavily on being a Spell Sword, I never used it.

But I was traveling around with my big ol' Dragon Axe, trying to raise my Two Handed, and this Orc lady comes out of nowhere and attacks me. She was an Imperial soldier. But they don't usually attack me on sight, so I don't know what her beef was.

It was then I remembered the Block skill and I let her wail on me until it was at level 50.

It's funny how thralls grunt like zombies and others talk. I raised a Vampire Master and she just kept yammering on. It was amusing.
Yeah, it was the same for me. I had totally forgotten about it since I spent essentially all my initial time dual wielding swords. When I remembered I did the same thing and just stood there and blocked for ages.
Quote:
So I played some Skyrim yesterday for the first time in awhile and I adopted another child. I now have four. I think I have issues. XD But I can't adopt any more because I've run out of beds for them in my house (an extremely modded Lakeview Manor). XD I also married Marcurio again. <3 It's fun coming home to that house after long adventures.
I have just the one child that I have adopted. Don't think I will adopt anymore as I find her to be a little annoying to be perfectly honest with you. I go back to Whiterun simply wanting to quickly sell off some loot before continuing my journeys and she will insist on communicating with me. What world do we live in when we are expected to socialize and provide human contact for children that we take into our care?
Quote:
Who did you adopt?

I adopted Lucia from Whiterun and Hroar from Riften.

I had to do a very bad thing to adopt Hroar. He better appreciate it.

... Or the same just might happen to him. ... No.
I am quite curious about Hroar though. The name is not familiar to me however. Dare I ask what deeds you committed to adopt that child?

ElysiumFate

Old 05-21-2014, 02:48 AM

@Crimson: Which kiddo did you adopt?

That's why I adopted so many, honestly. I love that they're so happy to see me when I go home. I only go home when I need to upgrade armor and such, though, so I don't see them all too often. I also love showering them with gifts.

My Sofie did really tweak me off a few days ago, though. Every time I'd go home she'd run up to me and ask me for more gold. I'd given her two allowances of 500 g already and when she asked me for more I finally had to tell her no. XP It was like: do you know how many bandits I had to kill for that gold, child? XD

Crimson Fang
*^_^*

Old 05-21-2014, 11:15 AM

I ended up adopting Lucia. The first time she asked for a gift, I was very pleased that I was able to give her a dagger. She is, after all, going to one day inherit my legacy.

Haha, at first I was really pleased with the attention. But that wore out after a little while. Now I try to be all stealthy and avoid her. It is kind of similar to Fallout three, if you save Megaton from the atomic bomb you have that random citizen who gifts you something periodically. Spent most of my time trying to hide from them when I just wanted to visit my house. (>.<)

Hahaha, I am way too stingy to give mine that much. Although I have the trophy for accumulating 100K, so I probably won't be so tight with my money now. Not that I ever really was for the most part.

ElysiumFate

Old 05-22-2014, 02:23 AM

Lucia is one of my kiddos. <3 I mostly adopted the kids from the streets instead of the orphanage (at least those kids have a roof over their head).

It's impossible for me to hide from my horde. XD That house has a steward, a housecarl, a husband, bunny, dog, four children and a bard. I love it.

My money typically just sits around and builds up. I don't spend it on an awful lot so I don't worry about it.

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-23-2014, 11:12 PM

@Crimson Fang ~ Hroar is one of the four kids at the Orphanage in Riften. ... Do you need the Hearthfire expansion? I don't think so. Or maybe you do. *ponders* ... Anywho, to adopt one of the four you gotta bump someone off, which sets the Dark Brotherhood missions into action.

I do like how Hroar says, "I was named after the sound a lion makes." And then he roars and says, "Really."

I was reading up on Elder Scroll holidays and saw that I was coming up on the 25th of Evening Star, which is the New Life Festival. So I made some enchanted dragon daggers for my kids.