Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 08-12-2010, 03:25 PM

Yeah, he talks instead of squawking. He's adorable but does not shut up. Blue mawcaws are really pretty. I always wanted an African gray if I were to ever get another parrot. They're just so much work. My Quaker talks and is cute though so I suppose it's like having a green mini ultra bratty African gray.

Dannydarkus
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-12-2010, 03:31 PM

I just googled Quaker parrot..it is adorable. :drool: I want one! So cute and chubby.
The African gray's are the ones with the red feathers at the end right? I remember seeing one like that. I can't get over the cuteness of the Quaker..

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 08-12-2010, 03:38 PM

Yep, that's an African Gray. I was fooled by the cuteness of the Quaker. He's quite a handful for a little bird. lol I still love him to pieces though. I do think that they are one of the most snuggly birds if they know you but they can also be one of the meanest and most stubborn birds. Mine hates my mom and he will chase her out of my house so I have to cage him when she comes over. I always feel so bad for him because he's never in a cage and he throws a fit trying to get out. At the same time he's obsessed with me and just wants to always be on top of me all the time.

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 08-15-2010, 01:30 AM

I've had several wild pets. And I mean wild as in WILD. I've had a shrew (which I thought was a mouse) that escaped, I've had a field mouse that escaped as well. My family also feeds two skunks, two feral cats (which are friendly), A couple bunnies, ducks, squirrels, birds, and deer. :sweat: It's like I've got a nature preserve at home...

iLickmimes
is a boy.

Old 08-15-2010, 03:16 AM

Umm... My dog is pretty wild, but she's not exotic... I had a hermit crab once, does that count? Owo

And my mother and I used to find turtles around our property and keep them for a while. I'd write my name on the shell in fingernail polish and then find the same one the nex year.