• Join Us

Drop Bear

Penpal
  • Challenge Drop Bear in the Arcade

Old 12-25-2009, 02:11 AM

OK, so i want to make a CD, itll have to be for next year now i guess, but itll have dark/hardcore themes to the christmas concept.

Im not so much after parodies/comedy renditions that are just funny, im after propper hardcore songs.

So far im thinking:
  1. Wednesday 13 - Buried By Christmas
  2. KoRn - Jingle Balls
  3. KoRn - Kidnap The Sandy Claws
  4. Rise Against - Making Christmas
And ive run out of songs that come to mind. I thought other people out there might have some knowledge of other similar songs that will suit the idea im after.

So post up any ideas you might have ladies, gents and naughty little xmas elves!

Last edited by Drop Bear; 12-27-2009 at 06:38 AM..

maidenroseheart
  • Challenge maidenroseheart in the Arcade

Old 12-25-2009, 03:01 AM

Um, okay...how about on a religious topic on the pain and sorrow the centurion felt who killed baby boys in Bethlehem for King Herod...maybe have him kill his own son or something. I don't know. Just trying to help...

akinmytua
  • Challenge akinmytua in the Arcade

Old 12-25-2009, 03:06 AM

Um, I think there is a "I saw daddy kissing santa claus" song... but that's not really hardcore is it? Maybe something by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra? I like them...
Actually... Ignore that. I have no idea what "hardcore" is so I'm not going to be of much help...

Kurai Amaya
  • Challenge Kurai Amaya in the Arcade

Old 12-25-2009, 03:09 AM

Not really sure if it's so much a hardcore song, but it is a mocking the holidays sort of song.

'December is for Cynics' by The Matches.

Drop Bear

Penpal

Old 12-26-2009, 03:39 AM

@ maidenroseheart: uhh... what now?

@ akinmytua: I think ive heard of it and its more a parody than a propper metal/hardcore xmas song. Thanks for the suggestion though.

@ Kurai Amaya: Thats a good suggestion! Not quite as hardcore as im hoping to get hold of, but a good place to start. im thinking more heavy metal/hard rock and dark electronic type styles.

JessiFlakes
  • Challenge JessiFlakes in the Arcade

Old 12-26-2009, 04:07 AM

I'm not sure there ARE a lot of "hardcore" Christmas themes. O_o Nor dark ones. Isn't Christmas supposed to be "happy"? Lol

Good luck though. <3 I'm interested in seeing what you find. nwn

Drop Bear

Penpal

Old 12-26-2009, 04:12 AM

Yeah, hence why i want to try and find anything like that that i can! I dont want the normal happy tunes of xmas blaring out of my car in the carpark, i want some REAL music playing!

maidenroseheart
  • Challenge maidenroseheart in the Arcade

Old 12-26-2009, 03:35 PM

my bad, i thought you were wanting to write a song and i was trying to think up some topic that seemed darker (based on your outfit i guess) didn't mean to offend...

Skykittykat
  • Challenge Skykittykat in the Arcade

Old 12-26-2009, 04:55 PM

Well you could try the soundtrack from The Nightmare Before Christmas, but those song are more just verging on dark than they are hardcore.

Katurine
  • Challenge Katurine in the Arcade

Old 12-26-2009, 05:10 PM

Well, how 'bout "Gothic Christmas" by Within Temptation? It's not as hardcore as KoRn or Wednesday 13 (Yay for W13 by the way! <3), but...

Elleyena Rose
  • Challenge Elleyena Rose in the Arcade

Old 12-26-2009, 05:16 PM

I would agree with SkyKittyCat on the Nightmare before Christams soundtrack, I think if you look into Nightmare revisited you'll get a bit more hardcore. Artists redid all the songs. Two good songs for this might be:

Kidnap the Sandy Claws - redone by KoRn

AND/OR

Making Christmas - redone by Rise Against

Hopefully that was helpful! Good luck compiling your CD

Synthetika
  • Challenge Synthetika in the Arcade

Old 12-26-2009, 10:22 PM

not sure if these would be to your tastes but check out the songs on these two CDs
Twisted christmas: twisted sister
and
We wish you a metal xmas and a headbanging new year

or just check out youtube you might be able to search up some songs there

Drop Bear

Penpal

Old 12-27-2009, 12:18 AM

@ maidenroseheart: Oh no, no offense taken or anything at all! Its perfectly alright! Thanks for offering suggestions anyways!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skykittykat View Post
Well you could try the soundtrack from The Nightmare Before Christmas, but those song are more just verging on dark than they are hardcore.
Good idea, i hadnt thought of that! Theres actually a song off that that i want to get old of i think. The Manson song 'Halloween'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katurine View Post
Well, how 'bout "Gothic Christmas" by Within Temptation? It's not as hardcore as KoRn or Wednesday 13 (Yay for W13 by the way! <3), but...
I think i have that somewhere. Ill look for it and see whether that fits. Cheers for the suggestion. W13 is OSSIM! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elleyena Rose View Post
I would agree with SkyKittyCat on the Nightmare before Christams soundtrack, I think if you look into Nightmare revisited you'll get a bit more hardcore. Artists redid all the songs. Two good songs for this might be:

Kidnap the Sandy Claws - redone by KoRn

AND/OR

Making Christmas - redone by Rise Against

Hopefully that was helpful! Good luck compiling your CD
That was most helpful too Elleyena Rose! Ill look into that and see if i cant find what im after! Thanks for the suggestion, it certainly sounds a bit more in the direction i was looking to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetika View Post
not sure if these would be to your tastes but check out the songs on these two CDs
Twisted christmas: twisted sister
and
We wish you a metal xmas and a headbanging new year

or just check out youtube you might be able to search up some songs there
Synthetika, your suggestions are much appreciated. I think from your post, those are both Twisted Sister songs? Ill look into them and see what i can find out! Thanks!

Thanks to everyone once again for your suggestions. Ill post back in a while once ive done the research and put up what ive sorted out with it since now! Happy holidays to everyone!

Elleyena Rose
  • Challenge Elleyena Rose in the Arcade

Old 12-28-2009, 02:14 AM

glad to help out! Have you found anything else?

Drop Bear

Penpal

Old 12-28-2009, 06:48 AM

One from the Heavy Metal Xmas CD that ill put on there by Alice Cooper and a few others. Havent listened to them all yet though but i quite liked that one! Still compiling the list though and am still open to suggestions!

XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX
  • Challenge XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 08:59 PM

Eh...it's not hardcore...but

-The Used- This is Christmas...eh

Neko Neko Kitty
Send a message via MSN to Neko Neko Kitty Send a message via Yahoo to Neko Neko Kitty
  • Challenge Neko Neko Kitty in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 09:21 PM

Don't have any suggestions but I'm enjoying all the songs people can come up with.

TECHNOlogic ANDROID
  • Challenge TECHNOlogic ANDROID in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 10:30 PM

Which hardcore? Clubber's Hardcore, or Rocker's Hardcore?

I only listen to Clubber's Hardcore..... So I'm Seriously confused. xC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katurine View Post
My friend played that song for me!
It's Hilarious, IMHO. Cx

Last edited by Captain Howdy; 12-30-2009 at 11:26 PM.. Reason: Double Posting

Drop Bear

Penpal

Old 12-31-2009, 03:56 AM

More so Rockers Hardcore Technologic Andriod.

Wistful, ill have a listen and see if it fits the sort of sound im after. Thanks!

Tick
Send a message via AIM to Tick Send a message via MSN to Tick
  • Challenge Tick in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 06:07 PM

I don't think it fits in the genre of music you're looking for and it's for Chanukkah instead of Christmas, but The Gods of Fire have an album called Hanukkah Gone Metal. May be something to look into for the future. Found it while poking around the iTunes store one evening. XD

Kokihi
  • Challenge Kokihi in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 06:15 PM

Tick, that sounds awesome. I should get that for my jewish friend. XD

Sharl
  • Challenge Sharl in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akinmytua View Post
Maybe something by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra? I like them....
Trans-Siberian Orchestra aren't 'hard-core' in the classic sense... but they are sheer liquid awesome, in my opinion.