• Join Us

Saiyouri
  • Challenge Saiyouri in the Arcade

Old 12-28-2009, 06:24 AM

When I went to the mall yesterday, it was busy but wasn't that bad out. It was worse the day after Thanksgiving. It was actually pretty mild the day after christmas. But I guess I might of went too late to hit the crowds, don't know.

Jarlina
  • Challenge Jarlina in the Arcade

Old 12-28-2009, 06:28 AM

While we're on the subject of auful after chrtistmas crowds... Now is not the time to go to build a Bear workshop! Everyone gets gift cards for christmas so that they can build their own bear. Well guess what week they are redeeming the gift cards? *sigh* I learned this the hard way when I got someone a birthday present build a bear. Her birthday is Dec. 30th. What a LONG line we waited in, and we got a rush job instead of the birthday treatment. We didn't even care that it was a rush job, cause the place was THAT crowded.

KittehMEW
  • Challenge KittehMEW in the Arcade

Old 12-28-2009, 07:49 AM

I know what you're talking about! I work at JCPenny, and it was awful. I worked Black Friday, I worked the 24th, which was awful, everyone trying to hurry and get stuff, and my job is specifically to clean the store. Then I worked the 26th, let me tell you... half the store is on clearance, getting rid of all the winter stuff, and people tore through it. There were literally more clothes on the floor than the racks. And the tables... NIGHTMARE!

Lovers Never Tell
  • Challenge Lovers Never Tell in the Arcade

Old 12-28-2009, 08:57 AM

OMFG! I had to work that day. I literally almost cried at work and had to stay after 2 and half hours and was only maybe about 25% of the way done with everything. I ended up coming into work today to finish and it took my 7 in a half hour shift just to fix clearence... SAVE ME!

Caroline
  • Challenge Caroline in the Arcade

Old 12-28-2009, 09:30 AM

I went to the mall today planning to wander through looking for cool stuff on sale and it was terrible. GOD there was so many people, it was gross.

Peppermint
  • Challenge Peppermint in the Arcade

Old 12-28-2009, 03:31 PM

haha im soo glad i dont work. boxing is the worst day. way too crowded. life is so lame~

Kris
  • Challenge Kris in the Arcade

Old 12-28-2009, 05:02 PM

It's sad most people throw away that holiday cheer ASAP.

Elwing
  • Challenge Elwing in the Arcade

Old 12-28-2009, 05:50 PM

I work at a callcenter,
and what I do is search phonenumbers for people,
from companies and just normal adresses from families.

I'm glad I did not have to work at the holidays, but some
customers can be so friggin annoying, and thet do not give
a crap if christmas is coming or what (must be a dutch thing).

I had to work 2 days before christmas day, and I only got 3
holiday wishes in 5 hours, and the previous day, 2 xD lol!!

Now today I had another whiner. Christmas is over guys, lets start whining!!
We also have a section thats for international calls, I can only search for
phonenumbers within the Netherlands. So this person says: i've been hanging
on the international part for 25 friggin minutes, and you guys have put me through
with them for 3 times already!! Are they too lazy to work??
I almost said: and what is sir doing at home on this lovely monday morning? >.>
Anyhow he kept yelling at me that he want his money back...
as if I have a button on my keyboard: [money back]
I sayd: sorry but if you are going to yell at me like that I can't help you sir. I'm going
to end this convesation and hang up. Have a nice day sir.

XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX
  • Challenge XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 08:48 PM

Retail on Christmas *faints* I wait a week if anything...

The Enchanted Tiara
  • Challenge The Enchanted Tiara in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 09:26 PM

I feel so sorry for anyone who works in retail the day after Thanksgiving and the day after Christmas. I refuse to go out to buy anything during those days even though people beg me. Just being NEAR those people on that day sounds horrible to mean and I don't even have to deal with their whining and all that.

The Dark Mirror

Old 12-30-2009, 09:32 PM

*raises hand* I work at one of those you listed and yup, working in retail...it turns you into a freaking Scrooge. O.O I can't wait for the New Year and the holidays to finally be over.

But I was really lucky. I know where I work they prepared for the 26th like it was as big a deal as Black Friday (which I worked and was an utter nightmare-so bad I've made a promise to myself to get out of retail before then so I won't ever have to go through it again) but I got lucky with the 26th. I didn't see any of it. My store was closed the night before and didn't open til 6am, which is when I get off) so the worst of it I saw was a group of customers running to the clearanced Xmas decor. That was actually kind of funny and sad all at once. They looked like a heard of cattle I swear. XD;

Kokihi
  • Challenge Kokihi in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 09:44 PM

I went into best buy and there was a line for the line that went all the way around the store.
My friend works there. . . I pitied her so I decided to call her to the side to "Help the customer" to look for a game we knew wasn't there. =P

My sister works at Jersey Mikes in the same shopping center and apparently they were so busy they ran out of bread. 0.0

The Dark Mirror

Old 12-30-2009, 09:46 PM

My store was out of stuff on the 23rd O.o...powdered sugar: wasteland, turkey: what turgeez?, all the good wrapping paper was gone. Entire sections were just little spotty zoning nightmares. XD

Chalkboard
  • Challenge Chalkboard in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 02:11 PM

Blugh, I don't work retail but I know what you mean... I've been in big and small shops on the 26th and I know it's horribly packed, especially with people trying to return used items. I never got why you would return gifts once you've used them, but I suppose maybe if it was the wrong size or whatever I could understand, but not if you've worn it/washed it many times. That's just gross, cheap and dishonest.

Sho-Shonojo
  • Challenge Sho-Shonojo in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 04:20 PM

My store wasn't hit that bad on the 26th. Of course, I worked on the floor so I wasn't there during the day. But we actually weren't ransacked that bad.

It took longer to clean up the store on Christmas eve than it did on the 26th.

maidenroseheart
  • Challenge maidenroseheart in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 06:10 PM

I went to the mall the other day, the only crowds were in the food mart...the stores were pretty empty :)

Kokihi
  • Challenge Kokihi in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 06:13 PM

it dies down pretty fast. Its mostly people going after the after Christmas sales.

Alchemist of Anarchy
Send a message via AIM to Alchemist of Anarchy
  • Challenge Alchemist of Anarchy in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 09:50 PM

Lol the day when you get your last paycheck from the job you giot from the holidays, you have to fight your way through the bargin bins for the few unbroken things on sale, and the day when all the holiday glitter and decorations come down... sometimes on you head. You gotta love it! Although I weill admit I had a pretty good laugh when I walked into Target the other day and witnessed a bunch of kids rolling out giant snowflake decorations that the staff had just taken down and given away!

William
  • Challenge William in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 10:33 PM

The worst days are always Black Friday, the 24th, 25th and 26th. It calms down pretty suddenly after that, though the whole month of December's usually busy.

TECHNOlogic ANDROID
  • Challenge TECHNOlogic ANDROID in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 04:13 AM

Walmart was crowded as hell. And it sucked.

Marquisse

Old 01-01-2010, 04:30 AM

Hey Techno do you need ginger? Just asking becaue your posting like a mad fool! Ha ha ha I just need to follow you around...

jupiter
  • Challenge jupiter in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 05:03 AM

I've never worked in retail, but I have friends that work in the Nordstroms outlet in my city. One girl said that she had worked in the lingerie department for six months and a woman came in and demanded money back for a bra. My friend had never seen that type of bra sold as long as she worked there, and the underwire was actually missing, and the material was worn out.

It's one of my biggest pet peeves; scammers.

And how hauty and pissed they become when you catch them, too. I don't know what goes through their heads, thinking they can return things after they've worn them for money. And if you work on commission, it's godawful! I couldn't imagine for a place like Wal-Mart or Target; people are crazy there.

ObsidianRose
  • Challenge ObsidianRose in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 06:25 AM

Wow. I actually went shopping the day after christmas and it was packed! But the sales were pretty good. ^^

jupiter
  • Challenge jupiter in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 07:20 AM

Great sales if you know how a lot of the stores work, but I'd hate to be the one working behind the customer service counter during those times.

Erailea
  • Challenge Erailea in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 07:22 AM

I didn't work the day after christmas, but I worked the next day. We were busy! We had so many returns it was crazy. I stayed an hour after closing to help reorganize before I punched out and there was still at least three to four hours worth or organization work to do @___@