• Join Us

Zweres
  • Challenge Zweres in the Arcade

Old 12-21-2009, 10:10 PM

Thank you to ToriKat for the marvelous art and Ferra for the wonderful banner!

Last edited by Zweres; 01-01-2010 at 07:18 AM..

Zweres

Old 12-21-2009, 10:13 PM

Holiday Havoc - Trivia!

Good evening, afternoon, or morning! Welcome aboard to the Festival of Winter Nights, 2009! Grab your cup of cocoa and settle by the fireplace we have. There, you will find myself along with a few other people participating in a trivia game! There, I will be testing you on your knowledge of certain subjects. These certain subjects can range from pop culture to offbeat oddity. So put on your thinking cap and join me as we play a rousing game . . . of winter trivia!

Host - Zweres

Greetings! I've been a member of Menewsha for a while, and I have been recently reinstated to be a staff member again. Outside of Menewsha, I'm a 17 year old student who has a deep and passionate love . . . for ice cream. But on Menewsha, I lurk quite a bit, but if you were to search for me, you would probably find me in Charities, Quests, Avatar Chat, and Community Discussion. Don't be afraid to give me a poke if you see me though, especially during Christmas! I do enjoy the holidays (as I'm sure almost all of us do), so cheers in hoping that your holiday season will be the best one to come!

Last edited by Zweres; 12-23-2009 at 07:48 AM..

Zweres

Old 12-21-2009, 10:15 PM

Holiday Havoc - Rules!

The rules of the trivia game are here in order to maintain order amongst the havoc this game causes. As a result, following these rules is imperative. If these rules are violated, then appropriate punishments will be issued out.

If you have any questions regarding the trivia thread, please do not hesitate to private message me. It will be much easier to keep track of things in my inbox rather than having to hunt through everything in this trivia thread.

I will not be making any guarantee to how many trivia rounds I will be hosting everyday, but I am aiming for at least 2 rounds per day. I will also do my best to let people know beforehand when I will be hosting rounds.

Editing posts is strictly prohibited in this trivia contest. This is because editing posts can result in cheating and if you are seen editing posts, then it will be seen as cheating.. Editing your post will result in immediate disqualification of that particular round. If it happens again, then you will be barred from participating from trivia.

For each question, you are only allowed to answer one time until an adequate amount of other people have a chance to guess before you are allowed to guess more than one time. If nobody gets the answer after a certain amount of time, I will allow people to guess more than once.

Copying and pasting answers from the internet is against the rules. In this thread, if you copy and paste long paragraph answers to the questions, then you must use quotes in order to avoid an unfair gain in gold. Neglecting to do so will result in a loss of gold and a warning for violating the rules.

Using mule accounts is against the rules. If you do it, I will catch you. So please don't play on your mule, especially when you've already won.

Users found to be causing undue conflict and drama will be asked not to participate. The point of this game is to spread holiday cheer.

Holiday Havoc - How it Works

I will not be hosting Trivia on the first day of the event, and I will not be hosting it on Christmas day either.

Each day, there will be 1 to 3 rounds of trivia. Considering the fact that each round has 20 questions, I think this will be plenty of trivia.

During all rounds of trivia, there has to be at least three active players.

Each round, there will be a winner and a second place winner. Both of these winners are allowed to participate in a final round of trivia hosted near the end of the event. There must be at least five winners before I start this final round of trivia.

I will post a question relating to the round's category. The person who answers the question in the most complete manner will get a point. The winner of the round will get a pick from our prize vault. The second place will also get to pick from the vault, but they have second pick.

You can only place up to first or second up to two times. I will be recording this in post five.

Last edited by Zweres; 12-23-2009 at 08:33 AM..

Zweres

Old 12-21-2009, 10:16 PM

Holiday Havoc - Categories

I will be hosting as many rounds as I can during this event. Each round will have an overarching theme, and those questions will all have to relate to the overarching theme. As a result, there will be new and varying questions each day.

Keep in mind that I will be hosting based on my schedule, and I will do my best to announce trivia beforehand to everybody.

December 24th - History
December 25th - No round (Christmas Day)
December 26th - Christmas Culture
December 27th - Artistry
December 28th - Music
December 29th - Extreme Cuisine
December 30th - Offbeat Oddity (normal round)
December 31th - Offbeat Oddity (round of champions)

Holiday Havoc - Prizes!

For round winners, you may claim a prize from the prize vault. For second place winners, you may claim a prize, but you have second choice.

Holiday Havoc - Prize Vault (Round Winners)!

The prizes that are available are listed below. You may choose one item out of the ones listed. If an item is claimed, then it cannot be redeemed. If none of these prizes in the vault suit what your interested in, then you may redeem 1500 gold instead.

Tapio Defender
Blood Lotus
Peacock Scythe
Chilly the Polar Bear
Midas Touch
Ying and Yang
Book of Daydreams
Tome of Nightmares

Last edited by Zweres; 01-01-2010 at 12:06 AM..

Zweres

Old 12-21-2009, 10:16 PM

Holiday Havoc - Winners!

Round One
  • 1st - Chikuma - Midas Touch
  • 1st - Hatake Ayumi - Tapio (sp?) Defender
  • 2nd - Emo Rainbow - YinYang

Round Two
  1. 1st - Chikuma - YinYang
  2. 2nd - Shishunki - Blood Lotus

Round Three
  1. 1st - Dystopia - YinYang
  2. 2nd - LemonWarlord - YingYang

Round Four
  1. 1st - Arikana - Gold Prize (sent)
  2. 2nd - Rylynne - Chillly the Polar Bear (sent)

Round Five
  1. 1st - Arikana and Rylynne - Gold Prize and Peacock Scythe
  2. 2nd - Dystopia - Peacock Scythe

Final Round
  1. 1st - Arikana - Georgia Peach Shirt, Yumeh Slippers, Yumeh Pop
  2. 2nd - Rylynne - Yumeh Slippers, Yumeh Pop
    3rd - Chikuma and Shishunki - Yumeh Slippers
    4th - Dystopia - 500 gold

Last edited by Zweres; 01-01-2010 at 07:17 AM..

Winter Wind
Send a message via AIM to Winter Wind Send a message via MSN to Winter Wind
  • Challenge Winter Wind in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 07:20 AM

How exciting! :3

I definitely want to play. >w<

Vickyll3
Penpal

Old 12-24-2009, 08:24 AM

Looks fun....Should play along

*Hime*
  • Challenge *Hime* in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 08:26 AM

Omg, Zweres is back!? <3

cheng
  • Challenge cheng in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 08:26 AM

Trivias are fun! but i lack a bit knowledge though o3o

Heya Hime XD

ToriKat
  • Challenge ToriKat in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 09:04 AM

*excited about trivia* :D Pity I'll miss a few days, because I'll be at work...

Zweres

Old 12-24-2009, 10:46 AM

I'll start hosting tomorrow, I'll probably get 3 rounds in (60 questions) since we won't have Trivia on Christmas day.

Magnus
NPC
  • Challenge Magnus in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 11:22 AM

*smiles* Trivia? That sounds exciting! I'm sure this will be a great game!

Liunesta
  • Challenge Liunesta in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 01:46 PM

I wish I had time or the smarts to do this one. I will have to look in. Good luck to all.

m00finsan
Send a message via Yahoo to m00finsan
  • Challenge m00finsan in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 03:05 PM

Sounds interesting... *strokes chin contemplatively* I'm in! :)

Koki
  • Challenge Koki in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 03:25 PM

I believe I'll play as well : ) Though I'm not terribly good at it, I've always been a fan of trivia. Good luck to everyone else who plays! I don't think I'll win, so I'm rooting for you all!

Kaema
  • Challenge Kaema in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 03:59 PM

This sounds fun! : D
Are you going to start the rounds at certain times? Cause last time I tried a game kind of like this I wasn't on at the right time and I totally missed out. XD

CK
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-24-2009, 06:41 PM

I'm sure Zweres will do his best to have different times for the trivia rounds throughout the event - but it will ultimately be up to what time he can get online and devote the time to running the rounds. :yes:

Arikana
  • Challenge Arikana in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 06:46 PM

Oooo, sounds like fun! I wanna play! X3

When's the first round gonna start? O:

Wicked
  • Challenge Wicked in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 07:01 PM

I would love to participate in this
but fear I will be working when everything is in full swing.

Lots of luck to everyone!!

fairywaif
  • Challenge fairywaif in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 07:10 PM

I'll try... I think I'm not going to know a lot of these things though.... Then again, I'm good at Trivial Pursuit. We'll have to see!

babyangel
  • Challenge babyangel in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 07:13 PM

i wanna join

Synthetika
  • Challenge Synthetika in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 07:15 PM

Oh if i have the time i want to give this a go xD not sure if i will though since im very busy this week T_T

Goblin Maiden
  • Challenge Goblin Maiden in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 07:42 PM

Hmmm... I'll certainly give it a shot! I don't know how good I'll be at it, but I am going to aim to give my best regardless. =D

Rabid Rainbow
  • Challenge Rabid Rainbow in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 07:54 PM

Since I'll probably be on the computer a lot over break, I'm definitely going to try to participate.

I'm pretty decent at History (depending on the subject) so yay for that being the first topic! But boo because I'll probably be at church by the time it starts. =(

Dystopia
  • Challenge Dystopia in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 09:31 PM

!! Zwetard! :D Its been forever, man, welcome back!