View Poll Results: Which theme would you like to see for this year's User Run Event?
Monkeys: They're fuzzy and smelly and fling poo! 0 0%
Potatoes: They eventually get fuzzy and smelly if you leave them alone too long! 0 0%
Unicorns: They're fuzzy and presumably smell good! 1 100.00%
Mice: They're fuzzy and leave their smelly poo everywhere 0 0%
Poo: It's smelly! And only fuzzy if you've been eating animals whole. 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Penpal

Old 12-22-2013, 11:21 PM

Disclaimer
Not all quests are right for every group. There are some quests on the Wall that your group simply can't take on at any given time, either because you don't have enough money, enough experience, or enough information, but those things always change. I've provided common knowledge information for most quests, but that won't be enough to complete them in most cases. Ask around town for information before running off on a quest to make sure you aren't getting in too far over your head. It might also be a good idea to keep track of any rumors you here or observations you make that might help you in one of the quests you aren't actively pursuing!

Unicorn WantedX

UNICORN WANTED

The Monks of St. Aubergine will pay a substantial reward to anyone who brings a live unicorn to their monastery outside Ala'Kiin, on the nearby island of Caell.

Common Knowledge(Caell): Caell is to the southwest of Arynn, and the island itself generally has a sketchy reputation. It's famous for producing perfumes and spices, as well as medicinal and recreational drugs. It's infamous as a hideout for people on the run from the law, and supposedly you can do anything you want there as long as you can afford it.
Common Knowledge(Unicorns): These are your standard unicorns-- their horns can heal wounds and cure poisons, they're ridiculously magical, and they can only be approached by someone pure of heart.

BanditsX

BANDIT BOUNTY

A group of bandits have been plaguing traders to the west of Arlith. The local merchants' guild is offering a bounty of 250g for each bandit killed. They require the bandits’ right hands as proof of death.

PiratesX

PIRATE BOUNTY

A group of pirates have been plaguing trade ships to the east of Arlith. The local merchants' guild is offering a bounty of 250g for each pirate killed. They require the pirates’ right hands as proof of death.

Missing HeirX

MISSING CHILD

Marius Merlo, Duke Marchen is offering a reward to anyone who can return his missing son, or produce information leading to his son’s return. The young man in question is about 15 years old, slender, with very fair hair and grey eyes. Serious investigators may approach the service entrance and ask permission to see the boy's quarters.

Common Knowledge: Duke Marchen is the direct ruler of the city of Arlith. He also has a reputation for being very stern and not very patient.

Caravan GuardsX

CARAVAN HIRING

Halmaro the Red is sending a trade caravan to the city of Ruus. He is looking to hire for all positions including: guards, cooks, animal handlers, etc.

Common Knowledge: Halmaro the Red is the head of the local Merchant's Guild, and has a reputation as an excellent employer. Ruus is on the island of Raeland. The caravan will probably cross Arynn to get to Garsport to the northwest, and then board a boat to cross the relatively narrow channel to Ruus.

Gem MerchantX

LOOKING FOR ASSISTANCE

Flinthoof the gem merchant is looking for bodyguards and a mage who knows how to cast Dispel Illusion. He intends to hire them for a three month trip to the island of Tehley.

Common Knowledge: Tehley is the home of the dwarves. It's famous for dwarf-crafted armor and weapons as well as being a major hub for the gem trade.

Expedition to the Lost City of Tahl’iaX

LOOKING FOR ADVENTURERS
Professor Arne the Historian is gathering an expedition to where he believes the Lost City of Tahl’ia can be found.

Common Knowledge:Everyone knows that the streets of Tahl’ia are gold, the windows in all the houses are fabulous gemstones, and the Fountain of Youth lies at the city’s heart. Everyone also knows that's probably an exaggeration.

Prisoner TransportX

RELIABLE HEROES NEEDED

Reliable adventurers wanted to transport Sarlin the Black to the monastery at Marilune.

Common Knowledge: Sarlin the Black is a mage who committed a series of grisly murders. Many people are very upset that he wasn't executed when he was caught. Marilune is the island of the elves, and lies far to the west.

Kidnapped PrincessX

KIDNAPPED PRINCESS

Princess Larina of Barven has been kidnapped by a dragon. King Andarl is offering a reward of one million gold to anyone who returns her safely to the embassy in Arlith, with a bonus for bringing the dragon as well (dead or alive). Proof of her demise and that of the dragon might gain a substantially reduced reward. The ambassador has further details that he may give to serious rescuers.

Common Knowledge: Dragons live to the west and the north, and that's all anybody really knows for sure. There are legends of course-- they're intelligent, they hoard treasure, they eat entire horses in one bite-- but those are just legends. This is the first time anyone living has claimed to have actually seen a dragon.

Last edited by Wyrmskyld; 01-23-2014 at 02:38 AM..

Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Penpal

Old 12-31-2013, 12:10 AM

Muleskyld
Muleskyld
Muleskyld

Last edited by Wyrmskyld; 02-27-2014 at 06:25 AM..

Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Penpal

Old 01-03-2014, 08:41 PM

That's right, Menewshans, it's that time again!

Time to start planning for the user-run event! Okay, maybe it's a little early, but the sooner we get started the better the event will be, especially since we have the awesomeness of the recently-passed FOWN to inspire us! I guess I'm volunteering to organize things this year, but I definitely can't do it alone, so I'm asking for everyone's help! If you've been involved in planning for previous events, I'd really appreciate your input on the organizing process, as well.

I've already done a little pre-planning-- mostly a calendar of deadlines and a bit of a budget:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calendar
I almost named this section 'Deadlines,' because I'm a fan of getting things done early. Pre-planning means less stress! Also, I'm tentatively setting this up for June 14-21, but that can change if it interferes with other plans!
  • Now: Brainstorm themes, names, colors, etc for the event.
  • February 15: Open Official Event Planning Thread with a theme-deciding poll.
  • March 1: Finalize theme, name, event NPC name, and event colors. Rent event NPC for 6 months. Begin collecting donations and making advertisement banners.
  • March 15: Plan games, contests, etc.
  • April 1: Finalize hosts and sticky threads-- I'd like at least 6 threads, with two hosts each. You can host multiple threads, but try not to spread yourself too thin. Begin making thread banners.
  • April 15: Get those advertisement banners out there! All hosts should probably have one in their signatures at the very least.
  • May 1: Pay event fees
  • May 15: Double check host availability!
  • June 1: Close donations. Prepare and proofread sticky threads.
  • June 14: Let the festivities begin!
  • June 21: Event ends, start distributing prizes.
  • August 1: Unclaimed prizes will be either returned to donators, or possibly donated to a charity? We should figure that out in the planning stage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budget
I don't know a whole lot about running an event, so there may be expenses I don't know about. If you spot something I've overlooked, please let me know!
Required Fees:
  • Event Sub-Forum: 3500
  • Front Page Banners and Announcement: 1000
  • Event Mule (6 months): 2000
Total: 6500

I'm fairly certain donations will go above a paltry 6500g, which is partly why I'm closing the donations on June 1 up there in the calendar. It will give us plenty of time to divide up the gold and items more or less equally between all of the sticky threads.

Also, I don't know if we've historically paid the artists who do the advertising banners. If we haven't, I think we should pay for them as thanks at the very least. Artsy stuff is hard work, and while the hosts will get gold just from all the posting they'll be doing, the artists deserve rewards, too!
Theme
Obviously there will be lots of ideas for possible themes, but I'll start with the one I came up with and add others as they're suggested!
  • Desert Winds: Arabian Nights/Egyptian sort of stuff. Seems like a great starting point for costume contests, and should fit in nicely with lots of different types of game.

Last edited by Wyrmskyld; 01-03-2014 at 08:46 PM..

Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Penpal

Old 01-08-2014, 02:43 AM

Pages Needed:

Poll
Final Theme, colors, and NPC in big letters/Calendar/table of contents(with links to posts)
Sticky Thread/Hosts-- would like to have pictures of each host in their event outfits
Advertisements and banners
Bookkeeping-- with credits and debits
Total list of contributed items, by type; commons, EIs, CIs
List of Donators and what items/$ (spoilers)
Ideas
Thread is open! Can double as a reserve. :)

---------- Post added 01-07-2014 at 10:14 PM ----------

FINAL THEME
What will it be?~
June 14 through June 21

Event Colors:

Event NPC's Name:

Planning Calendar:
I almost named this section 'Deadlines,' because I'm a fan of getting things done early. Pre-planning means less stress!
  • February 1: Open Official Event Planning Thread with a theme-deciding poll.
  • February 15: Finalize theme, name, event NPC name, and event colors. Rent event NPC for 6 months. Begin collecting donations and making advertisement banners. Plan games, contests, etc.
  • April 1: Finalize hosts and sticky threads-- I'd like at least 6 threads, with two hosts each. You can host multiple threads, but try not to spread yourself too thin. Begin making thread banners.
  • April 15: Get those advertisement banners out there! All hosts should probably have one in their signatures at the very least.
  • May 1: Pay event fees
  • May 15: Double check host availability!
  • June 1: Tally donations. Prepare and proofread sticky threads.
  • June 14: Let the festivities begin!
  • June 21: Event ends, start distributing prizes.
  • August 1: Unclaimed prizes will be returned to donators.

Table of Contents

Last edited by Wyrmskyld; 01-23-2014 at 02:42 AM..

Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Penpal

Old 01-23-2014, 02:16 AM

Volunteers
Hosts! Let me know what you plan on hosting ASAP so I can note that here.
Also, send me a picture of your avatar dressed for their hosting duties!

Hosts
  • Wyrmskyld: Organizer, Murder Mystery Host
  • dessertdesiert: Assistant Organizer
  • Sadrain: Host
  • ObviouslyAya: Host
  • Codette: Host
  • Shadami: Host, Artist
  • steelmagghia: Host, Artist
  • Nephila: Host, Artist

Artists
  • PrincessKasumi: Artist, Puppeteer!
  • EiranHikari: Artist
  • ClariusFlorina: Artist
  • Shadami: Host, Artist
  • steelmagghia: Host, Artist
  • Nephila: Host, Artist

Last edited by Wyrmskyld; 01-23-2014 at 02:46 AM..

Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Penpal

Old 01-23-2014, 02:52 AM

Banners and Advertisements!

Want to help us advertise? Pick a banner you like, then copy the ugly text below that banner and paste it into your signature!

[URL="http://www.menewsha.com/forum/community/community-discussion/207459-summer-2014-user-run-event-planning.html"][IMG]http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y478/Melissacallahan2/Menewsha/Event_zps45978ce4.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Penpal

Old 01-23-2014, 02:58 AM

Bookkeeping
This is probably pretty boring, so I'm gonna put it in spoilers so it's easy to skip!

BookkeepingX

I don't know a whole lot about running an event, so there may be expenses I don't know about. If you spot something I've overlooked, please let me know!

Budget
Required Fees:
  • Event Sub-Forum: 3500
  • Front Page Banners and Announcement: 1000
  • Event Mule (6 months): 2000
Total: 6500

I'm fairly certain donations will go above a paltry 6500g, which is partly why I'm closing the donations on June 1 up there in the calendar. It will give us plenty of time to divide up the gold and items more or less equally between all of the sticky threads.

Also, I don't know if we've historically paid the artists who do the advertising banners. If we haven't, I think we should pay for them as thanks at the very least. Artsy stuff is hard work, and while the hosts will get gold just from all the posting they'll be doing, the artists deserve rewards, too! Edit: It looks like banners will run at least 250g/ea. That should be easy!

Contributions
bellybutton: 3333g

Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Penpal

Old 02-20-2014, 04:20 PM

Greetings, Menewshans,
I am Scheherazade, here to herald the upcoming arrival of the Desert Winds Caravan, but somehow I seem to have arrived without any clothing! It's very embarrassing.

After seeing all of the wonderful avatars the people of Menewsha have created, I was hoping perhaps some of you would be interested in designing a costume for me. A genie has provided me with some valuable items I'd be happy to grant as prizes to the people who come up with the loveliest ideas.

As far as what I like to wear, I'm very fond of jewel tones, gold, and sand colors. And I don't want to spend too much-- I'm working within a budget. So please, while designing, only use commons and items the genie has already given me. I'll put the list in the next post, and I'll make sure to keep it updated if I'm granted any more items.

About MeX

I think I should tell you a bit about myself first, so you'll know who you're designing for. As I mentioned before, my name is Scheherazade-- but you can call me Scher if that's too much trouble. I am the wife of King Shahryar, and before he and I met he had a wife who was unfaithful to him. Shahryar went a little crazy about that and decided he would marry a different girl every day and have her beheaded the next morning. He'd married and executed a thousand girls before I convinced my father the vizier to let me try.

I'm very well-educated, you see-- I've always loved histories and philosophies and poems, and I like to think I'm a fairly good storyteller. So as soon as we were wed, I begged to have my sister Dinazade come to bid me farewell on my last night. We'd planned it out in advance, of course, that she would beg me to tell her a story. And, oh, the story I told! I had to make it interesting, you see, because my life really depended on it! Shahryar was so interested that he was disappointed when I stopped at dawn without finishing the story, and he agreed that I should live another night to finish it.

As soon as I finished the first story, of course, I launched into the next, and we continued on like that for one thousand and one nights. I told the story of the Fisherman and the Jinni, and all about Sindbad, and Ali Baba, and Al-Adin. Every story I could think of, I told, night after night, until finally on the last night I confessed I had no more stories to tell. Shahryar, instead of killing me as I feared, smiled and told me that I would just have to be his queen until I came up with more. And... well, at the risk of being cliché... we lived happily ever after.

Last edited by Wyrmskyld; 02-25-2014 at 12:53 AM..

Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Penpal

Old 02-20-2014, 05:20 PM

RULES
  • First and foremost, make sure you follow the Site Rules.
  • Be respectful! Constructive criticism is fine, but please don't be rude to other entrants.
  • You can only enter once in each of the categories, and you may not enter on a mule account. If you do try to enter on a mule, we'll know, so just don't bother. XD
  • Please be sure to use the entry form when you post your entry. Failure to post the form will result in your avatar not being entered into the contest.
  • You may use your own inventory and the DAC to make your outfits.
  • Please be sure to save your entry to an outside image host like Photobucket or imageshack. What we see is what we'll judge, so be sure that the avatar you enter is saved and won't change.
  • If you want to change your entry, you may edit your submission up until it is posted on the front page. Once it is posted on the front page, you'll have to PM Wyrmskyld if you want to change anything.

Requirements
  • The theme is basically Arabian Nights, so keep that in mind with your design!
  • Color scheme is jewel tones, sand colors, and gold, with accents of black and possibly other colors. If you're not sure, ask!
  • REMEMBER: Commons and already donated items only. If it can't be bought in a shop and it's not on the list below, your entry won't count! I will update this list every time there's a new donation.

Scheherazade's CIs and Mennies ItemsX

Dove Anklewings
Imperial Regality
Keytar Madness
Love Crusher
Monkey Business
Noxious Nasties of the Alien Kind
Obsidian Butterfly Wings
Omniscient Eye
Precious Wizards
Purity Wings
Raven Anklewings
Space Commander
Templar's Hawk
The Dryad's Hollow
Valiant Knight Armor
Wings of Iniquity
Winter Wonderland
Yumeh Plush

Scheherazade's SuntinasX

Aqua Suntinas Bouquet
Black Suntinas Bouquet
Celestial Blue Suntinas Bouquet
Creamy Suntinas Bouquet
Delicate Pink Suntinas Bouquet
Golden Suntinas Bouquet
Orange Suntinas Bouquet
Purple Suntinas Bouquet
Red Suntinas Bouquet
Rosy Suntinas Bouquet
Ruby Red Suntinas Bouquet
Yellow Suntinas Bouquet

Scheherazade's EIsX

Aqua Egg
Blue Egg
Bone Belt
Brown Egg
Bunnies
Celestial Headdress
Celestial Waist Wrap
Cozy Cabin
Cozy Up For Winter
Cream Egg
Deep Pink Egg
Don't do anything Foolish!
Drawing Room
Frozen Kingdom
Fun at the tree Lot
Green Egg
Green Present
Grey Egg
Halloween Buddies
Halloween Goodie Bag
It's a MONSTER! D:
Lilac Egg
Lise's Gingerbread Man
Magnus's Creamy Cappuccino
Our Feathered Friends
Passing Soul's Coffin
Pink Egg
Pumpkin Patch
Purple Spotted Present
Red Egg
Romance Isn't Dead Hairpin
Sky Blue Egg
Snow Flakes
Star Crest
Teal Egg
Team Gasket Hammer Set
Team Gasket Shovel Set
Team Gasket Wrench Set
Team Sprocket Hammer Set
Team Sprocket Shovel Set
Team Sprocket Wrench Set
Time to Party
Where's the Rum!?
Winter Playmates
Yellow Egg
YOLO! LULZ... mommy T_T
Yumeh Bats

Prizes
We'll choose first, second, and third place winners.
Prizes are as follows:
First place: Keytar Madness
Second place: Suntinas Bouquet-- your choice of color
Third place: 250g

Last edited by Wyrmskyld; 02-25-2014 at 12:54 AM..

Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Penpal

Old 02-28-2014, 11:01 PM

How to Enter
Design your avatar, save it on whatever picture hosting site you prefer, and fill out the form below! I need a little more detail than most contests, so I can re-create the winner, but

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][SIZE="5"][B]Try this on, Scher![/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[B]Username:[/B]
[B]Image:[/B]
[B]Hair Color(s):[/B]
[B]Items Used:[/B]

It should look like this:
Try this on, Scher!
Username: Scheherazad
Image:
Hair Color(s): None
Items Used: Nothing!

Last edited by Wyrmskyld; 02-28-2014 at 11:04 PM..

Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Penpal

Old 04-07-2014, 10:54 PM

linkydink so I don't lose it! http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...C5%93leste.jpg

---------- Post added 04-07-2014 at 08:27 PM ----------

My new skype signin: wyrmskyld
My new skype password is my usual im password.

To make skype and trillian play nicely, make sure microsoft account is not connected to skype account. Then sign in to skype account.

Last edited by Wyrmskyld; 04-08-2014 at 03:07 AM..

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 04-08-2014, 03:07 AM

What just went wrong here?

maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple ...

Old 04-08-2014, 03:08 AM

erm... cool :) not a skyping person now that I am back in the states though

Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Penpal

Old 04-08-2014, 03:08 AM

ack... sorry, it wasn't supposed to ping people. o.O I was trying to save my megaping list where I could get to it when I'm not on my computer, but it won't save in the @ username ; format... but I thought the noparse tags would keep it from pinging.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 04-08-2014, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amane View Post
What just went wrong here?
I'm wondering the same thing?

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 04-08-2014, 03:14 AM

I just saw a huge chunk of code and thought the User's Pick ping had renewed itself and was like, "Huh?"

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-08-2014, 03:15 AM

Did you mean to put your skype info up there? Where am I anyway?

Try code tags maybe?

Code:
Wyrmskyld: does this ping you? :D

---------- Post added 04-07-2014 at 08:15 PM ----------

Oops, looks like it does. *cackle*

Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Penpal

Old 04-08-2014, 03:16 AM

Yeah... sorry again about that

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-08-2014, 03:18 AM

It's okay. For a moment I thought aliens abducted you and hacked the interwebz.

Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Penpal

Old 04-08-2014, 03:18 AM

oh, and my skype thing was because I spent about an hour fighting to make skype work on this computer, and figured I'd write it down somewhere so I'd know how I did it in the future... and then I accidentally pinged everyone to this thread.

---------- Post added 04-07-2014 at 11:18 PM ----------

it totally pinged me, belly!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 04-08-2014, 12:36 PM

sorry I'm late

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 04-08-2014, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyrmskyld View Post
ack... sorry, it wasn't supposed to ping people. o.O I was trying to save my megaping list where I could get to it when I'm not on my computer, but it won't save in the @ username ; format... but I thought the noparse tags would keep it from pinging.
Dawww, that's so cute. Trying so hard to not ping and then you still end up pinging. <3 No harm done.

Roxxxy
Sex Bomb

Old 04-09-2014, 01:18 AM

You can ping me any time, bby

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 04-10-2014, 02:16 AM

I think if you use the html tags, you won't ping us. X3

HTML Code:
[URL=http://www.menewsha.com/forum/member.php?u=135611][I]Wyrmskyld[/I][/URL]:

Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Penpal

Old 04-10-2014, 02:17 AM

you totally just pinged me, Kent.

On the bright side, I have the most popular test forum thread!