Afanassii
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-13-2011, 05:15 AM

(This game will likely always be accepting new characters. Please PM me for details.)

Traverse is a grand new idea. A high school run on an old college campus grounds. While plenty of the local kids still bike, walk or drive to school, the dorms are put to good use as well.

The theme of the school is integration and equality. And great pains and lengths are taken to ensure that each student - whatever their level of talent or ability - is given the same opportunity.

The campus is a well-maintained leisurely sprawl of 12 buildings, with most main subjects having their own. There are great parks that, in the warmer months of the year, are covered in shady grass areas for the students to casually study and socialize.

Only the finest professors are hired by Traverse, as we hope that this school will come to show that, once you begin expecting more of your students and you treat them as adults and show them respect in kindness, the same will follow. As well as academic honesty and success!

CHARACTERS::

SPOILERX

Username:Afanassii
Character's name:Kiril Afanassii Abez'iana
Race Sekassiret
Region of origin земля свободный, the Sek country of his homeworld
Physical Description:
Afanassii is tall, lithe and quite feminine in appearance. He has extremely long hair that trails down past his bottom; it is all red, save for his bang area which is pure white. His eyes are a steel-gray/blue. He wears an odd combination of old-fashioned and modern clothing that he has mostly made himself. He tends to wear goggles and long coats, his trademark coat is a long blue duster with black faux-fur trim. He is one of the rarer males that has spinnerets at his wrists.
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/m...Art/img488.jpg http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/m...Art/img490.jpg http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/m...by_cat_cat.jpg http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/m...by_cat_cat.jpg (Credit to the artist: last two are by CatCat on deviantart)
Biography:

His family has always been very musical and he has the ability to play nearly any instrument he touches with skill.

Since his race are very spider-like, all members of the family, know at least some rudimentary sewing. Because of this and also Nassii's travels, he enjoys making his own clothing, with an eclectic sort of gathering of styles.

History: Afanassii was raised in the Abez'iana household and learned many things before coming of age and being forced (as is customary) out of his family home. If he would have stayed past the welcome time extended to a male child he might have been killed and possibly even eaten. O.o

Of course his family still has reunions once a year and he sees many of the members of his clan often, and is friends with a few. He needs only to keep his distance from the clan's matriarch - his grandmother - if he wants to keep his life. There are many formalities and protocols in the family ettiquette.

The 'Kirill' part of his name is only a formal title, similar to the words or honorifics of: 'lord,' 'master' or 'sama.' Most people are not aware of his home world or of his noble heritage but he would rather it stay that way.

His native tongue from his world is so very similar to Russian (IRL) that if anyone knew it they would be able to understand at least 80% of what he said. He also speaks the common tongue of the area around Converse.

He has an insatiable curiosity for new and unusual things and will often "stalk" a new and unusual person to fulfil his curiosity about them.

He has no romantic/sexual ties at the moment. He is a typical spider male and is not attracted to the subservient females around him, as that is the station of males back at his home. It would take a strong female indeed, one who did things just the way he liked, to pique his interest for long..... This is not to say that Afanassii is only attracted to women. He does not limit himself for sexual encounters and he is an extremely flirtatious person. (you have been warned...)

However, Afanassii lacks the ability to have romantic love. The matrons of his family keep the rule that all males must partake in ritual cleansing and are to be fed a certain drug. Nassii has made himself a favored male in the Abez'iana estate and so has the ability to travel so he wears a small vial of the substance which is secreted into his skin at a regular rate. This drug also makes the males infertile, so there is no risk of unwanted pregnancy.

He knows of love through reading classic literature and, in a way, he is a hopeless romantic himself. He wants more than anything to be able to have those feelings for himself, but friendship and familial bonds are the only forms of love he is accustomed to.

The sun is his weakness. He has an alergy of sorts - it harms his eyes and severely burns his skin. (He would get a sunburn in at least 5X as quickly as it would take the usual person to get one) He must use some form of shade so he generally carries an umbrella or a parasol with him at all times.

He is a true Bishounen. If it wasn't for the fact that he wears the clothing of a gentleman, he could honestly be mistaken for a female.

Annoyaces/hates:
Whiney, helpless women.
Men who expect women to wait on them hand and foot, or otherwise treat women with great disrespect.
Men without manners.
The sun.... of course!
Men of great athority.
Anyone who kills a spider without good reason.
Anyone who disrespects their mothers.

Other: Nassii speaks with a thick russian-like accent and is eloquent, generous, curteous, curious and... a bit of a flirt. He is new to world traveling and this is one of his first places he has traveled to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finx15
Name:Sasuke uchiha
Character's origin: Naruto
Played by:finx15
Race:human
Personality:Emo
History: Sasuke was once a student of traverse and it helped him to realize that he wasn't unwanted. now he wants to do the same for others like him.
Abilities: Sharigan,literacy
Description:6 feet 120 pounds
Posting color: Dark blue

Name:Finx Sunfara
Character's origin: my brain
Played by: Finx Sunfara
Race:Vampire
Personality:Finx is very shy and soft spoken. She hates loud people, sunlight, and pants. On the other hand she loves dress's ,teddy bears, and chocolate.
History: Finx grew up in a family of purebloods so she grew up a little spoiled and never had to wait for anything. Now thats she's older though her parents have thrown her out into the human world to try and exist with them and other creatures like herself.
Abilities:mind reading and literacy.
Description: 4 Ft 9in weight 110 pounds
Posting color: purple
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDifferent
Username: MissDifferent
Character's name: Iris Lee Sarano
Race: Human
Appearance:
Background: Iris comes from a well known family of equestrians and she herself has quite a talent for horseback riding. Her parents started teaching her to ride as soon as she began to walk, so it's second nature to her. On top of that, Iris is a virtuoso and she loves playing her violin. The violin that she owns was made in 1843 in Italy and is almost as precious to her as her bay mare, Pride. Her family is originally from Australia and Iris has the accent still in her voice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaara-kun
I've been gone for a while sorry D: can I still join the rp as Gaara? Here's my bio

Name: Gaara Sabuku*
Character's origin: Naruto
Played by: Gaara-Kun
Race: Human (he does have a sand spirit however.)
Personality: dark, mysterious
Dislikes: bullies, geeks, preps, jock, peanut butter, stupid people, p.e class, math, teachers, school food, school, and many many more various things*
Bio: he's always been a bit of a loner and Gaara is a wee bit of an emo kid. His siblings are a bit afraid of him and he often tried to intimidate others to feel stronger. He has no parents and lives with Temari and Kankuro.
Abilities:cam control sand and is really good at playing bass fiddle
Description: height:5'4 weight: 130 Pounds
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...hRMF4DT2Mn77ws
(click link for photo)
Posting color: red

OOC: http://www.menewsha.com/forum/showth...post1769991166

My wardrobe quest

Last edited by Afanassii; 10-22-2011 at 03:02 AM..

Afanassii
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-15-2011, 01:21 AM

Afanassii looked up from the brochure he had been reading and squinted his blue eyes at the brick buildings in front of him. They didn't really look like much... Honestly, to Afanassii, Traverse High seemed a cheesy excuse to recycle a number of old school buildings.

Still, he was happy to be given the opportunity to socialize in this world. Having come from spending time with distant relatives in Russia, he was looking forward to finding out more about American society. Traverse seemed promising because they went out of their way to make the student population as diverse as possible - they had almost equal numbers in transfer students as they had with local American kids!

In some ways, just attending school here was a research project for Nassii. he wasn't exactly certain what this particular place would show him - so far it had been rather mundane. "I had better keep my differences in check, I think..." he chanced to say out loud as he tossed his impossibly long red hair back over one shoulder.

Last edited by Afanassii; 10-15-2011 at 07:01 PM..

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 10-16-2011, 12:22 AM

Sasuke Uchiha sat behind his desk waiting for his class to begin. It was the start of another year at traverse high and to him it seemed like yesterday when he had sat in the desks in front of him ((I'm assuming there are regular desks.)) "Here we go." he mumbled to himself it was his first time teaching or being outside his house since he had graduated he had gone threw a really ruff time were he hadn't done much but hang around his house.

Finx Sunfara started up at traverse high and sighed darn her parents for sending her into the outside world were the humans were she could smell blood already and it was making her hungry. She hugged the white teddy bear closer to her chest and bite her lip steeling herself for the fight ahead she decided now was the time to get inside before anyone noticed her butler or the bear. She took the umbrella from her butler "Thank you." She said to him before walking up to the school and almost ran into a boy "I'm so sorry." she said quickly.

Afanassii
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-16-2011, 01:47 AM

Just when the red-haired boy was about to check in with student services, a rather small girl invaded his space. He gave a charming smile at her harried apology and looked her over. She seemed almost quite like a Lolita which made him happy since he often dressed in Victorian clothing, himself.

"I am Afanassii Abez'iana," he dipped into a sweeping bow with the introduction, his long hair trailing down to the ground at his side. "And who do I have the pleasure of meeting this fine day?"

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 10-16-2011, 01:56 AM

"I'm Finx Sunfara." Finx said then sniffed curiosly at him "You smell funny kinda like a spider would but with a trace of human... I'm sorry I didn't mean to...sorry" she hated it when her vampire smell would tell her what kind of blood a person had and told anyone she happened to blurt the info to that she was a vampire.

Afanassii
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-16-2011, 02:13 AM

Nassii watched the young girl's mouth as she spoke and he caught just a small peek of fangs. For a moment, the umbrella and her unusual teeth made his heart leap in his chest as he reached the false conclusion that she might be Sekassiret like himself.

But, after her words had sunk in, it was obvious he was mistaken. He narrowed his eyes just a little once he realized what she was. Vampires - or rather the legend of them back home - were one of the main reasons why people were usually prejudiced against the Seks. Like the spider goddess-worshiping Drow, Vampires and sun damage were just another part of Sekassiret stigmata.

Still, he had to try not to hold it against here. One person shouldn't be held accountable for the entirety of their race. And part of the motivation for traveling was to enlighten yourself. So, feeling just a bit guilty for the unfair mistrust, Afanassii straightened and blushed a little, the red cheeks accentuating his already feminine appearance.

"Zat iz a lovelly bear you have there..." he began awkwardly, his Russian accent becoming quite pronounced.

MissDifferent
Ninja Mummy

Old 10-16-2011, 03:32 AM

Iris walked slowly to her new school, her pristine violin case in hand. The black case held one of her most precious possessions and she would not let it out of her sight. Not only was the wooden instrument very valuable, but it was the instrument that she first learnt and the one that exposed her as a virtuoso.
As the raven-haired girl came to the entrance of the school, she spotted a person with long red hair. The only way for anyone to know the gender of this person was the clothes that they wore. They wore man's clothes and so she assumed he was a boy. She walked right over with a small and charming smile on her face. "Excuse me." She said politely, her Australian accent rich in her voice.

Afanassii
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-16-2011, 04:27 AM

Nassii turned to the new girl and raised his eyebrows. "Yes? How may I help you, miss?" he asked, his silky baritone voice confirming that he was, indeed, male.

MissDifferent
Ninja Mummy

Old 10-16-2011, 04:34 AM

Raising the black case in her hand, she spoke again. "Do you know if there are any music rooms around? Or should I just play here?" She asked. She was a little taken aback from the boy's voice because with such feminine looks, Iris would have expected him to have a tenor voice or even a countertenor. She, herself, had a sweet mezzo-soprano which was typical.

Afanassii
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-16-2011, 04:47 AM

He shook his head gently. "I'm afraid I'm new here as well." He noticed her violin and his eyes widened. "I will have to find the music rooms as well eventually. Perhaps I could accompany you?"

MissDifferent
Ninja Mummy

Old 10-16-2011, 04:55 AM

Iris nodded and held her case by her side again. "Well two heads are always better than one. Do you play any instrument?" She asked, as she began to walk slowly towards to building directly in front of them. It would be great to see what kinds of people were at this school, but the musical students were the ones she wanted to meet the most. Maybe one would be a virtuoso like her and maybe some were just gifted with one instrument. Either way, she would enjoy playing with each and every one of them. Music was one of her biggest passions and to practice it with others would be the most magical because each person has their own style. Her own style was sweet and joyful.

Afanassii
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-16-2011, 05:09 AM

When Afanassii's newest acquaintance began to head toward the buildings, he took this precious opportunity to take his leave of the awkward situation he was in with the tiny vampire girl. He gave her a quick bow and said, "Well, I am sure we will be meeting again." As he took a step to follow the musical miss, he called back one last time:

"And, you are right... mostly. About myself, I mean."

With that he turned back to the new girl and answered her question. "Well, yes actually. I play several. I favor the violin most of all, believe it or not. So I guess this is a happy coincidence." He smiled warmly.

MissDifferent
Ninja Mummy

Old 10-16-2011, 05:18 AM

Iris was pleasantly surprised at the boy's reply. She never expected him to favor the violin above other instruments. "I am happy to have met a violinist before class has even started." She said with a little giggle and a brighter smile than before. "Do you not have your own violin?" She asked, noting the lack of the instrument. If he didn't, she would get one for him. A violinist was only half themself without a violin of their own. That was another reason why her violin was so precious to her. It was the only one she had ever had and it was as if it were a part of her. Not just a tool to produce a sound.

Afanassii
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-16-2011, 08:36 AM

Nassii blushed and looked down at his meager messenger bag. He had his typical, standard survival pack (including a small umbrella) but, no, he had brought no instrument to school.

With a sigh and a sheepish grin he turned his face back up, raising his arms with his hands spread helplessly.
"Well.. I am afraid I am not the most prepared today... I did not think that my instruments would be important to bring on the first day. Silly me, I guess.."

MissDifferent
Ninja Mummy

Old 10-16-2011, 08:48 AM

"I always bring my violin everywhere. It's much too valuable to leave anywhere and not just in monetary value." Iris explained, lifting her case up again and holding it close. "I'm Iris by the way. Iris Sarano." She said, introducing herself at last. As they got to the school building, the young violinist went up the few steps and walked through the door. Inside had it's own charm with all it's antique beauty. It appealed to her just as her 168 year old violin did.

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 10-17-2011, 12:54 AM

Finx followed them more slowly into the building nowing that was were she should go and if it was a music room there shuld be a piano if not she would just call her parents and have them bring hers. "What pretty name." Finx said responding to iris. "Like the flower right?" she knew the fact that she had just spoken might make them look at her wierd but it was better then being silent. "I'm finx sunfara."

Afanassii
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-17-2011, 01:07 AM

Nassii listened in as both girls spoke. He didn't have as much of a positive reaction as Iris did about the interior of the school building, but he was still happy to be there. "I understand..." He said, nodding at the thought of leaving his violin behind. "Honestly, though, I travel quite a bit so I don't always bring my instruments with me."

When finx spoke, he nodded. "It is a lovely name. And how about Finx? Where does such a unique name come from?"

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 10-17-2011, 01:21 AM

"The strange minds of my parents."Finx said with a shrug "i think dad was once in love with a human girl named finx he's consently looking at me like im someone else."

Afanassii
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-17-2011, 03:41 AM

Afanassii raised a single eyebrow at the lolita's words. He really couldn't believe that she just admitted that she wasn't human... in front of another human. "I see.... Does that unnerve you?"

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 10-17-2011, 04:25 PM

"It use to but I've gotten use to it strangly." Finx said with a shrug she hadn't been paying much attention to what the girl smelled like till she saw his raised eyebrow like she had done something she shouldn't have thats when she noticed and her hunger increased. "oh right...crap."
((A gaara a gaara *steals* I will make it blink. I'm a part time gaara fan girl I like him on occasion mostly to figure out ways to annoy the character XP ))

Monte Gray
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-18-2011, 02:03 AM

Gaara grabbed his large bass fiddle and began to play. He was good. Really, really good and he knew it. His gourd was flung in the floor and his teacher yelled as sand covered the music room's carpet. He rolled his eyes and made all the sand go back in the gourd with one movement of his hand. It was times like these that he wanted to murder his teachers, but resisted the temptation. He walked out to get a drink of water. Class had not yet started, but Gaara had always been one to go in early. He saw a girl with a violin walking with two other people. He was pretty sure they were new here. Gaara had gone here last year also..well for a few weeks. Then he was expelled for using sand coffin on this one guys arm for touching his instrument. Gaara pointed to her. "The music room is this way of you care to join me." he said in his deep, monotone voice. He was attempting to be normal like Temari had instructed. He guessed this was nice. He took a strange intrest in Afanssii. He just shook his head and walked to the class. Maybe he was wrong, but the redheaded person was odd and seemed...inhuman...he hadn't determined the person's gender yet.

MissDifferent
Ninja Mummy

Old 10-18-2011, 06:12 AM

Iris had been walking quietly with Finx and Afanassii and was enjoying that, from the moment she first talked to Afanassii, she had a friend. It was a nice change because at her old school, people used to ridicule her for choosing to play music instead of hang out at the local shopping centre or at the beach. She just never saw the point because a beach or a shopping centre could only bring enjoyment for a short amount of time but music... Music was timeless.
The black haired violinist was in her own world until she heard a new voice say something about a music room. She snapped to attention then and smiled to the boy. "Thank you very much!" she replied happily as she started to move faster. It didn't take her long to reach the room and as soon as she got there, she pulled out her violin and began to play. It was an amazing feeling making such beautiful music and it was her addiction.

This is what Iris is playing :)

Afanassii
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-19-2011, 08:29 AM

Nassii grinned as they entered the music room. He had not even attented his first class and he had already found at least two other music lovers. Perhaps things would not be so bad here?

He took up a chair nearby and placed his chin in a resting hand as he listened to the lovely Iris play. When she finished he stood and clapped, smilying warmly at her.
"That was so lovely" He remarked. "Perhaps we should consider joining a music club? Or starting one of our own if there is not one already?"

Monte Gray
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-19-2011, 10:26 AM

Gaara grabbed his instrument and put it away as iris played. He looked at them all, studying them in a creepy sort of way. He noticed one was human and the other two had fangs. He pointed. "Are you vampires?" he asked when Iris was finished. He completely ignored the fact that they'd said something about a music club. He wanted to know what they were first.

Afanassii
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-19-2011, 07:36 PM

The Sekassiret winced at the other red-haired boy's blatant question. He snuck a peek sideways at the precious, tiny lolita vamp to see how she was taking it.

A moment later, he let out a sigh and narrowed his eyes a bit while he looked at Gaara.
"No..." He began quietyly, slowly. "I am not." Every syllable and consonant was carefully emphasized in the American English way. There was a certain amount of arrogance and offense to his tone but yet he managed to not look the slightest bit hostile.