Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 09-03-2011, 07:13 AM

Hello welcome to Project Fandom. This particular thread is for PROMPTS ONLY. To discuss a prompt or post a fill please proceed to the Project Fandom: Write/Art (and Discuss) Thread.

What is Project Fandom: Prompt and Write?
Project Fandom is the idea of spreading Menewsha as a fandom by writing fanfics and drawing fanart. The concept is similar to anon/kink memes on LJ. The basic idea is prompt an idea you have of Menewsha or its NPCs and hope that someone will write you a story based on your idea. Possibly return the favor as well.

Rules
  1. Follow Mene’s Rules and TOS
  2. Any type of prompts/fics/art are allowed (het/slash/crackfics/AUs/Crossovers) BUT they have to be PG-13.
  3. Some ideas can come across as offensive to other people. Please put a warning your prompt so that they know. (i.e. if you are requesting a Nalin/Abel fic/art please state before hand as not everyone likes slash)
  4. Art is allowed as well. No need to just limit it to writing.
  5. One Prompt per Post
  6. While there is no limit to the number of prompts, please show some restraint and try not to post more then two prompts in a row.
  7. No character bashing. If there is an NPC/person you do not like there is no need to take them out in a short story.
  8. Repeat after me: My idea/ship/kink is not your idea/ship/kink. Please respect that. We are drama free.
  9. Multiple Fills are allowed
  10. While... the staff are acceptable targets, they are real people with real feelings. If you are prompting something with them, think first: "is this something I would want to read about myself?" if the answer is no, then do not prompt it.
  11. Mene-related prompts only. (Crossovers are fine as long as they crossover with Mene). Do not go prompting a Harry Potter idea. It will be removed.
  12. Anything the staff posts should not be taken as canon

Don't know who the NPCs are? Click here

Last edited by Seito; 09-03-2011 at 09:57 AM..

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 09-03-2011, 07:28 AM

As a Prompter you will...

1. Understand that your prompt might not be filled
  2. Put proper warnings if your prompt can be sensitive to others
  3. Thank the person who filled your prompt
  4. If possible, when you receive a fill, link it back in your prompt post so that future readers can read it
  5. Not cause drama or fights over other people's prompts. Report it to staff if this happens.
  6. Not prompt more then two things in a row.

Suggested Form
You don't have to use this form. It's just a suggested form to make sure people remember to put warnings.

[B]Warnings: [/B]
[B]Pairing: [/B]
[B]Prompt: [/B]

Sample Prompts:
Nalin and this quote "You look good a girl" / "Blackmailed into crossdressing huh?"

Any Characters, Mene on the eve of an alien invasions. They weren't happy that we kidnapped their gows.

Harry Potter Crossover. Yumeh isn't a normal cat. What if he was an Animagus? Young Dumbledore?! Blue Eyes tell all!

Last edited by Seito; 09-03-2011 at 07:38 AM..

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 09-03-2011, 07:44 AM

And we are open.

Last edited by Seito; 09-03-2011 at 08:04 AM..

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 09-03-2011, 08:48 AM

Warnings: Not for those allergic to tea.
Pairing: Any or none.
Prompt: Tea in the Menewsha Gardens goes horribly wrong... (Or horribly right?)

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator
Send a message via AIM to Iro

Old 09-03-2011, 08:51 AM

Yay! It's open! \o/

Warnings: Possible weird pairings.
Prompt: One of the NPCs decided that they have had enough of their fangirls and makes plans to get tied(engaged/married) to shut them up once and for all!

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-03-2011, 09:04 AM

Warnings: Danger, Will Robinson! Danger!
Pairing: Socks and shoes.
Prompt: Vicky and the Mayor are running a lucrative dairy farm. (Alternatives are: A trout farm, an ant farm or a modeling agency.) One day, a mysterious portal opens up and out pops an odd creature named Afrodonkey. He explains that he has come from the 17 and 3/4 dimension to warn humankind of the malevolent Jellysunder, who plans to try to overtake the Earth with her evil ghost army. Afrodonkey gives Vicky and the Mayor two mystical toasters which allows them to transform into the ghost busting duo, Ultra Vick and Mega Mayor! Now with the aid of their magical, wisecracking companion, Afrodonkey, our two heroes fight to thwart the dastardly Jellysunder and save the day for all humankind!

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 09-03-2011, 10:38 AM

Warnings: Possible gruesome imagery.
Prompt: For a moment, an NPC locks eyes with the empty sockets of a skull. Take it where you will (horror, drama, comedy; etc) but remember PG-13 ratings. :)

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 09-03-2011, 10:40 AM

Warnings: Possible Dark!Character, Character Death?
Pairing: None
Prompt: Any character.

"It was like tethering on the edge of sanity. With one step he could take that final plunge. With one little slip he could snap her tiny neck."

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥
Send a message via AIM to Liztress

Old 09-03-2011, 04:07 PM

Warnings: Dun need no stickin' warning... I mean, possible death/violence unless you decide to go the humorous route
Pairing: Any, None, All
Prompt: Spending a day with one of Mene's more popular NPCs.

"I see you found out my dirty secret. Shame I have to do something to silence you once and for all."

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-03-2011, 09:07 PM

Warnings: Don't make it gorey plox
Pairing: Yumeh and Cessy
Prompt: Where do Yumeh and Cessy go when they run off all the time?

(Think back to the comic)

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥
Send a message via AIM to Liztress

Old 09-05-2011, 09:22 PM

Warnings: Gender bender
Pairing: Any/None
Prompt: "If I were a boy..." Seems like the female and male NPCs have switched genders. Oh, my!

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 09-06-2011, 09:27 PM

Warnings: Massive chaos? 8D
Pairing: None
Prompt: Cessy, cookies, and world domination

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 09-08-2011, 12:04 AM

Warnings: Romance? Bromance?
Pairing: Your favorite.
Prompt: Your favorite pair of characters and why you like them together. Does not have to be romantic. Could be a rivalry, a friendship, a family relationship; etc. Just why you like those two characters together, illustrated with picture(s) or words. :)

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 09-08-2011, 02:44 AM

Warnings: CHILDREN. :gonk:
Pairing: Anything goes, either serious or crack-tastic
Prompt: Somehow (please leave the "making of" part out of this) two NPCs have spawned a child. What's that child like? What do the parents think about this?

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-09-2011, 02:09 AM

Warnings: Complicated image, may require research.
Pairing: Uhh if you can pair people on a map go ahead XD
Prompt: A complete/partial map of Menewsha including where all the NPCs, Users, and Staff live/work.

(No known map of menewsha, so you can make up locations as much as you wish)

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 09-10-2011, 02:33 AM

Warnings: None.
Pairing: None necessary.
Prompt: A story or piece of artwork using your favorite Menewsha item(s). If a story, how do these items "work" in the world of Menewsha? Do the Raven Headwings give you the power to fly? Does the confetti fall once, or is it a constant localized storm of confetti that follows you around?

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-11-2011, 10:12 AM

Warnings: NPCs kissing (Undefined gender)
Pairing: Any 2 NPCs
Prompt: 2 NPCs lock lips. Why? Was it romance? Was it blackmail? Was it an accident? Write a story and tell us? :D

(Example: Abel and Nalin ;) or Mr. Mayor and Vickie)

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 09-12-2011, 01:03 AM

Warnings: Probably none.
Pairing: Not necessarily any.
Prompt: Write a story or draw a comic (or one panel comic) with the following words.

That is a terrible idea.
It's a horrible idea.
It's quite possibly the worst idea I've ever heard in my life.
...and I love you for it.

You're free to alter the words as long as the general "shape" of it is still there. Feel free to make each line said by a different person or to combine the lines.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 09-16-2011, 09:36 AM

Warnings: None
Pairing: Any/None (not required)
Prompt: Harry Potter/ Menewsha crossover! 8D I don't care what you do, but I'm more curious as to what houses you'll put the NPCs in! Can be AU/canon/we're throwing them into HP's world for no reason other then amusement.

Cookies Bonus: Abel's been to Hogwarts before and due to an unmentionable incident, is refusing to go back.
Cookies + Hugs Bonus: Yumeh is a magical cat (be animagus or just highly intelligent)

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 12-06-2011, 08:20 AM

Warnings: None
Pairing: Any/None (not required)
Prompt: It's a little late, but write 25 drabbles, one for every day counting down to Christmas.

General Rules of this Challenge
1. Follow theme list. 8D
2. One drabble a day. (Optional)

Theme List (Candy this year!)
Red Hots, peppermint patties, lollipops, Lemonheads, Twizzlers,
candy canes, white chocolate, dark chocolate, starlight mints, gummi bears,
candy dots, saltwater taffy, caramel, toffee, turtles,
peanut brittle, fudge, m'n'ms (chocolate candies), peppermint bark, buckeyes,
mochi, jawbreakers, chocolate-covered coffee beans, candied cherries, and top it all off with a Heshey's Kiss~

Gen, Slash, Het, angst, sappy, fluff, family bonding, friend bonding, etc I don't care
Anything goes (as long as it follows mene's rules)