View Poll Results: Have You Ever Bought Anything Online?
Yes; I was satisfied with the outcome. 36 81.82%
Yes; I was not satisfied with the outcome. 3 6.82%
No; I plan to in the future. 7 15.91%
No; I do not plan to in the future. 1 2.27%
I'm currently waiting for a delivery. 6 13.64%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Elwing
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-26-2009, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LustyScoundrel View Post
I'm skeptical about online shopping. But when I go to malls in search of cute, unique accessories, I can never find anything to satisfy me.
I so agree with this!! I always have the same problem,
but realy,
if you always go shopping and looking for items that are in your mind,
you may never realy find the perfect thing.
Only when you 'just go shopping', and walk into that one item you want
by chance.

I don't do online shoping. I only did this once, cause it was from
a Dutch shop (I am dutch), I needed stuff for my darts xD
But I don't think I'd ever buy anything from ebay-ish stores.
I remeber I wanted to buy an old Playstation 1 game once and I
needed a creditcard for it >_____>
some nice friend from an online game I play bought it for me @_@

coccyx
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-26-2009, 07:13 PM

I don't really suggest buying clothes and shoes online, you need to try them on. I bought a huge order of clothes the other day, and they were all two sizes too big.

I have bought books and video games online though, there's nothing wrong with that.

HitsuHime
*^_^*

Old 11-27-2009, 01:55 AM

I understand feelign a bit skeptic with shopping online. At first I bought two costumes from Cosmates I'm a fan of gothic lolita and well I was still a bit on uneasy buying from ebay but my third costume I did buy from ebay. I was actually really scared to open the package in fear that I just got ripped off.
Also don't forget to check what your size is when buying clothes. I know the outfit I bought from ebay is a bit too big for me in certain places because I wouldn't fit in other places if I bought a size smaller. And read the reviews from previous customers before buying.

ajhartsfield
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-27-2009, 02:03 AM

love online shopping you can find such cool stuff from all over the world at a click of a button i won't buy clothes yet because I like to try them on but I buy all my camera gear, jewlery, art supplies, art work, toys, games, etc

CrazySushiPerson
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-27-2009, 02:52 AM

I shop online quite often. I think it's a good way to shop. I just don't like paying for the shipping =P and then there's always the ocational mix up. One time I ordered a pin from Hot Topic for like .50, but they sent me a $20 band t-shirt instead... haha actually that wasn't so bad... I was going to send it back but my sister gave it to her friend... D=

Princesse
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-27-2009, 06:59 AM

There are so many good things I want online more than the ones at malls. But they're expensive, I don't have a job, and most of them I need to find a shopping service because they don't ship internationally.
However, I do get a job I'll make sure to get a bank card or debit and buy the things I want! That would make me so happy.
The problem is measuring. I have absolutely no idea how to o////o

Hiroko-Kun
Sadistic Misstress
Send a message via MSN to Hiroko-Kun

Old 11-27-2009, 07:44 PM

I love what you can find on the internet, though the having to wait is always killer.
I'm an impatient person by nature. X3

Wicked
*^_^*

Old 12-10-2009, 03:11 AM

I used to buy a lot from Sephora.
Kind of odd since I don't really wear makeup and that's what they're known for.. but I purchased perfumes, some cologne for my sweetie, bath and shower stuffs and yes the occasional lipstick. I like to shop there because they give me lots of little sample items and free shipping on orders over 50 dollars.

I have bills to catch up on before I dive back into the shopping thing but I'll buy online again
and not just from Sephora. There's a ton of stuff I want off of Cafe Press and other random websites.

Oh! I almost forgot.. I've bought stuff off of ETSY and had good experiences.
Fast shipping from sellers and good quality stuffs. Be wary, it is individual sellers on that site.. I've been lucky so far.
Not far fetched to think I'll come across a bad one soon enough.

LoversEnd
It is only until you see the sun...

Old 12-10-2009, 04:52 AM

I bought from Hot Topic online and they charged me twice on my card. That made me go into the negatives and get a fine for going negative. My bank was really helpful when I explained that it was an accident and they credited my account. ^^ So.. I've kinda had a bad experience, but it was all okay in the end.

mwahhaha
Jesus is super rad

Old 12-10-2009, 07:06 AM

I REALLY like shopping online. It's like double the fun b/c I get to browse and pick stuff out, and then I get to wait like it's mini-Christmas. yay! Plus there are things that I can't buy in a store where I live. . . the web is often the best bet. :)

Smellerbee
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-10-2009, 08:49 AM

Shopping online is great. There's usually no tax! The big problem is if you're looking for clothes you can't try them on to see how they fit.

Vickicat
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Vickicat Send a message via MSN to Vickicat Send a message via Yahoo to Vickicat

Old 12-12-2009, 06:44 AM

I rarely buy anything online... It's funny, because I spend so much time on the internet and you'd think it would be very convenient for me... But no. I guess I am just so used to going to the store that I just haven't gotten out of that routine of things. I find it easier to look through things that are in front of me, and when it comes to clothes, I like to be able to try them on. I absolutely have to try on pants before I buy them, because things often don't fit right on me, and sizes seem to vary depending on brand or even just depending on if I've gained or lost a few pounds, which happens all the time with me. Also online, the only option I have for payment is credit card, and sometimes I just don't feel like charging something and receiving a bill later. I can write a check or pay in cash if I shop in an store. Plus it's an excuse to get me out of the house, and something I can do with friends if we go to the mall to buy things. I have bought things online in the past, just a few things really. I bought a video game as a gift to my boyfriend, it was a game that wasn't sold in stores and could only be bought online, and there's a few other things I've bought. Oh and the whole thing with having to pay for shipping and then having to wait to receive the thing you bought in the mail is a bit of a pain too... Cheaper to buy the thing and have it instantly. But I do see how internet shopping can be convenient, and I do it once in a while, usually for specific things I know I want rather than to browse for things.

ArsenicAttitude
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to ArsenicAttitude

Old 12-12-2009, 07:20 AM

I've only ordered online for myself once.
It was a manga drawing book.
I got it from Barnes and Noble.com.
It did take a while to get it over here (maybe about 1-2 days late), but it came in perfect condition and it was used too.
So, when I get my gift cards, I'm planning on buying some games and some books from there again.
But I would only get those when shopping online.
I wouldn't buy clothes just because it would be difficult to return them and all that stuff.
So games, books, cds, and accessories for me when online shopping.
:]

World Of Elegance
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-12-2009, 07:34 AM

So far my shopping experiences have been good but I usually shop from fairly reputable sellers, like amazon.com. Ebay is nice to find some odds and ends, but there is always a risk buying from a seller, that they may not be quite so reputable. Stick with well-rated sellers on that site. I'm currently awaiting a delivery from Hong Kong, from a site I've never ordered from before, so I'm a little wary. Of course, international always takes a little longer.

Bottom line, buying online can be risky but also worth it if it's that one thing you've been looking all over for and can't seem to find in any physical store.

Silverwingedshadows
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 12-12-2009, 03:26 PM

I like buying online. I live 45 minutes away from descent malls. Also I like to cosplay, but I live in the Bible Belt, so no cosplay stores. I really need to learn to sew. Anyway I have bought from ETSY, Ebay, and lots of other places online. I have had a little trouble with Ebay. But it was resolved nicely with the people I bought from.

Amelia
(◎_◎;)

Old 12-12-2009, 03:35 PM

I do it all the time, mostly for clothes and CD's. I think it's a lot easier and better, you have a higher chance of finding something you like and there are a lot more places to look for sales of things. The only doubts I ave are about Ebay, because I've never personally used it but I know people who have and end up getting broken stuff sometimes.

Otherwise, it's perfectly fine and sometimes I prefer it. The only thing is when shopping for clothes/accessories you don't have the luxury of making sure you like the way it looks on your first.

kaihkc
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-25-2009, 12:46 AM

i plan on it once i lose 20 puonds XD i need to buy my clothes from japan!