Castleofglass
Only a crack in this castle of g...

Old 08-24-2013, 12:57 AM

As soon as August was about to yell at Jay to do as she said, she felt water rain on her. She looked up and squinted her eyes as she noticed the sprinklers come from above them. She sighed and put her hair to the side. At the sound of a fist hitting a wall, she looked at Jay and pursed her lips. Well not everyone can be a god, you know. The fire was gone, but even so the sprinklers continued dampening everything. Well that's odd. Unless...

"We have to find the exit." August spoke up, lifting her leg up from the inches of water forming on the ground.

Serena looked up at August when she spoke and then noticed how quickly the water was starting to rise. She stared wide-eyed at it before realizing that this must have been another test. She looked back at the direction of where the doctors went. They must have been escaping to safety. She looked at the others, who must have been thinking the exact same thing. They all sprinted toward the direction of where the doctors went. Water began to rise quickly and it seemed that there would be no end to it. Before all hopes were lost, the group came to a room filled with scuba tanks. Serena tilted her head and gasped softly. But...what if we can't scuba dive?

"Get into the suits, I'll explain how to use everything to people who don't know how to use them." August said before running to one of the suits, undressing to her underwear and started putting on the equipment. Serena started to blush to a deep red, knowing that she'll have to undress. It's for your own good, Serena, just do it! She let out a breath before also going to one of the suits, undressing shyly and quickly getting in a suit whilst August helped her with some of the equipment.

Keo
*^_^*

Old 08-25-2013, 12:53 PM

Jay followed her orders, he wasn't used to taking such strong orders from someone, especially a girl. He grabbed a suit and quickly pulled hismelf into it, he took a scuba kit and tried to work out all the valves. "We're only a mile down it shouldn't be to hard we need to find an exit point. even when we surface how to we get to shore you can't say we're swimming to shore we don't know how far off the coast we are.

Stefan grabbed his suit and dressed, "Don't be stupid Jay just get suited and we have to try and save ourselves, we can escape, I don't want to be under their order we were violated and it was wrong! So wrong. They shouldn't have done what they did." He looekd at the girls for back up, he hated how stubborn Jay was.

Castleofglass

Old 08-25-2013, 10:08 PM

August glared at Jay. "Would you rather drown here instead of surfacing on the water? Besides, there's probably a few boats or planes around. There has to be." She looked back at Stefan and shrugged. It was difficult finding hope in a place miles away from home filled with complete strangers. "Now get into the suit and put the oxygen tube in your mouth to make sure it works." She glared back at Jay to ensure he would fo as she said. She looked back at the doorway from where they came from. Water began to drip down the stairs slowly but alarmingly. She opened her eyes and began fumbling quickly to get everyone's suits on. She put an extra oxygen tank on Stefan and secured it.

"This is just in case we need an extra tank of air. Who knows how far down we are." August explained, "The tanks all have enough air in them for an hour. The faster you breath, the more oxygen you'll waste. Ascend slowly, or the pressure difference will kill you." She hoisted her tank to her back and looked back at the steps, now starting to become like a waterfall.

"We have to go. Now." August insisted and waddled around in search for an exit. A door with a wheel handle stood adjacent to where the scuba suits were, which lead to a clear room that she guessed filled with water, allowing them to go into the ocean. She put on a mask and nodded for the group to go to the door.

Obligingly, Serena followed August's orders. She put on her mask and slowly made her way to the room August pointed to. The extra weight on her back made it difficult to walk at her normal pace, but of course it was slightly easier for the others. She slowly waddled over to the room where everyone else was filling into and allowed Stefan to shut the door behind her. August pressed a button that slowly made the floor disappear from under their feet. They all went into the water with a heavy splash as they quickly went to adjust their equipment. Serena heard a muffled 'Lets go' from August so she went to follow her. She dove under and just like the older girl, so did Serena.

They quickly swam away from the submarine so that it would not sink on them. As they did, they saw the submarine slowly sinking down into the blackness below them. The thought of having an endless pit below her frightened Serena, and was about to waster her oxygen with breathing quickly when August swam up to her to touch her arm to calm her. She motioned with her hand that they should rise slowly now. Serena nodded and began to kick her feet slowly, popping her ears when she felt them hurt.

After a while of ascending, they reached the surface where they all gasped a breath of fresh oxygen. They took off their oxygen tubes and started to look around. August spotted a nearby island of sorts, which she pointed out to the group. Thats convenient. Serena smiled to herself. They all nodded to each other and started to swim to the island not far off from their location.

Keo
*^_^*

Old 08-29-2013, 12:37 PM

Jay caved in to their commands, he didn't know what they were so interested in him for, because as far as he could tell they didn't even like him, he was used to that any way but they did seem the big team that didn't need someone like him. His superpowers meant he could only save his own skin so how exactly was that supposed to work in a team situation, he was better off alone like he had always been yet for some reason he was compelled to stick it out with them even in the freezing cold of the water. Jay ripped off his mask as soon as he surfaced, he shuddered from the cold, his thin body couldn't keep the heat like Stefan's could, he looked over at the girls and began to follow them swimming to shore.

Stefan didn't like trusting a tube of oxygen for his air and it worried him a little, he was very greatful to have his head above the water, he looked at Jay worried for his safety as his lips were turning blue but he encouraged him to swim along with him and they began the long swim to shore. The island steadily grew larger and larger as they made their way closer to it. Stefan held his pace to match the rest of the group, he didn't want to leave them behind.
"We're nearly there guys." He said with an encouraging smile.
Jay just sputtered and swore back at him.
"I'm ... tired!" He complained angrily.
"Not long and we'll be there little princess." Stefan gave Jay a sarcastic look, he didn't want to put up with the whiny little bitch any longer than he had to and being stranded on an island with Jay was going to be a nightmare. Stefan made it to shore and helped haul the team out as the equipment on their back was very heavy without the water acting as an aid.

Jay flopped onto the pebbles and lay back, gasping for air, he wasn't a strong swimmer.

Castleofglass

Old 08-31-2013, 03:12 PM

Serena was an alright swimmer, but her speed was slowed because of the extra weight on her back. Once on shore she made on last haul on the tank and laid down in the pebbles, panting and gasping for air. Jay was down beside her, also gasping and panting for air. She looked up to see that the rest of the group was also panting after the lengthy swim to the island. She then looked around at said island. It was like any standard island, in her opinion. There was sand, water, and in the middle was a path in between tall trees. It seemed almost a miracle that this island wasn't far from where the submarine was, but she couldn't help but be skeptical about it. If anything, this was all part of the government's sick plan on testing their survival.

August quickly took off her wet suit and set it aside next to her. She gained her normal breathing quicker than the others so she decided to stand up and look around. There was a path that lead deeper into the island and she guessed that they would have to explore there. She was the first to walk in, not paying much mind to the other's. She promised herself that she wouldn't take long anyway. Following the path she found that it was much darker the deeper she went into the island. There were other paths but August stayed on the one that went straight so that she wouldn't get lost.z

After what seemed like minutes of promenading, the path began to widen. She came out to a clearing with conveniently placed tents and a campfire. She sighed zand pushed her wet bangs out of her eyes. The experiment. She thought mournfully. She knew that the island being close by was a little suspicious but she almost didn't want to believe that they were still stuck. She frowned and went back the way she came from. Once she reached the beach the others laid on, they all looked up to see what she had to say. "The government." She sighed, "They planned for us to come here."

Keo
*^_^*

Old 09-05-2013, 02:42 PM

Jay rolled his eyes and sighed a very out of breath sigh, "No shit, Aug. The whole senario is f_cking planned." Jay was truely loosing his rag, "I'm so done with being a government's play thing, so done with having to work in a team I'm not a team kind of guy. Never have been and hell, I never will be thats not how I roll okay, I'm a single pringle never wanting to mingle."

"We could have died back in that building just so they can push our bodies to the extreme without our say so, thats against our rights as humans."

Stefan let out an audiable moan of complaint and rolled his eyes, he got on fine with the girls, granted he didn't know them too well yet but they seemed nice enough but Jay was an idiot, completely self absourbed. "You're talking is against my human rights." Stefan said and he lazily threw a punch at Jay's shoulder. The upper arm snapped in half and the white hot pain shot through Jay's body rendering him silent. "Go fix yourself rubber boy" Jay was clearly offended by his new title of rubber boy, he rubbed his broken arm, it may fix quickly but he wasn't immune from pain. His eyes watered a little.

"Whatever happens we just got to stick together okay." Stefan said to the girls. "I don't doubt they planned it but they are humans there's a logical reason and it'd do us all a world of good if we just started sticking together. We hardly know each other yet, but we have all created a lasting impression upon each other. Maybe its time we started over."

Castleofglass

Old 09-14-2013, 01:10 AM

Serena nodded at Stefan's idea of sticking together. It's not like they had much of a choice. Individually, they wouldn't be able to survive. In a way, they needed each other, even if they only knew each other for a day or two. She pursed her lips at Jay who quickly secluded himself from the others. Eventually he will learn that he needs us just as much as we need him. She sighed and looked back the ground she was originally staring at. In truth, she felt the least needed in this group for survival. She didn't know how she could be of any use at all. She was small. She was shy. She wasn't an intelligent person like Jay or August was. She was just Serena. Nothing special whatsoever.

August nodded with Serena at Stefan's idea. "We're gonna need to set up a camp." She declared, "I found a camp sort of thing while exploring the depths of this island. I guess we're supposed to go there." She tilted her head towards the direction of the camp, signaling for the others to follow. She was the last to go in and she noticed that Jay was not following.

"Jay," She sighed, "I know Stefan's a bit of an ass to you, but in truth you need us as much as we need you. You're gonna have to learn that. You're welcome anytime to the camp. It's not like you have much of a choice." She shrugged and went to follow the other two towards the camp.

Two tents were set up in between a stone-bordered fire pit. August found that both girl and boy occupied each tent, meaning that she would be with Serena. She opened up the flaps of the tent and found Serena exploring the given bags that where in the tent. It was their bag of clothes a long with medical supplies and everything else needed for survival. The other girl looked back and smile hopefully at August. That made her smile back. In the worst of situations, she was happy that she and the other girl in their group had a good relationship so far. She couldn't say the same for the boys, unfortunately, but that was Jay's fault. She shrugged off the thought and began looking through the bags to reclaim her clothes.

Keo
*^_^*

Old 09-23-2013, 09:53 PM

"Yes, Camp!" Stefan repeated with a new found enthusiasm, negative attitude got him no where in the past, it was survival one-oh-one, "We need food shelter and warmth, hopefully we'll be able to make some kind of a fire, I dont know what there is about to eat but if they are messing with us then they wouldn't let us starve, they're not that crazy." Stefan smiled and walked ahead, he tried not to care whether Jay was following him or not but he felt like he should care a little. Jay would come around Stefan was sure of it.
"Well that's lucky." Stefan said with a sarcastic laugh, the threat of danger was about, he didn't want to be tested anymore.

"Aug... I don't need your sympathy." Jay said with a roll of his eyes, "He broke my fucking arm!!" Jay let the rest of the group follow on he stayed back, he didn't want to spoil their special party, he walked to the shore of the ocean, he was peaceful and quiet, he watched the little crabs scuttle into the sea from the shore.

Stefan helped get the fire burning, he sat at the edge of his tent that he knew he would eventually be sharing with Jay. A couple of hours past. The crackling of the fire was peaceful, he didn't realise how stressed he'd been, he may have been super but his whole body ached enormously. Stefan heard a shuffle in the bush nearby he immediatly stood on his feet. "August!" He whispered. "Aug take a look, who's in the brush i can't see... its dark."

"Shut up, Muscle man." Jay clambered through, he had lasserations to his face, he'd lost his way in attempt to head back to the group and had come through a completely different direction. "I think the bush was poisonous." he said, the wounds to his face were taking far longer to heal and they stung. He stumbled through and tugged his clothes straight. He walked infront of the fire and sat by it trying to raise his body temperature a little, he was shivvering, he'd really chilled himself by the sea.

Castleofglass

Old 09-29-2013, 01:57 AM

Serena's went wide when she heard the sounds in the bushes. It was bad enough they were stuck on the island...but animals to give them more problems? She thought that that was pushing it too far, even for the government. It turned out to be Jay, who decided to stay with them after all. She smiled for a moment, only having that disappear with concern when she saw how much he staggered and shook. At the mention of the bush, she looked up at his face to notice that parts of it had blown up considerably and was getting red. Her eyes opened wide with worry and silently she went into the tent to see if there was anything, ointment or something, to help Jay.

August gasped at the sight of Jay's face. "I think you're right..." She said softly. She found a blanket and put that over him, trying her best not to touch his face in case it was contagious. She looked up at Stefan, who also began to look worried. "Find some ointment or something for him, anything that might help. I'm gonna go out and look for some jewelweed." Before she could explain, she closed her eyes and began to concentrate. Once her eyes opened again, her vision was enhanced; she now had night-time vision. She got up and made her way into density of the forest, making sure not to touch the bushes similar-looking to what Jay had come from.

Serena came out of the tent with different ointments and creams along with a flashlight. She turned on the flashlight and put it under her armpit. "Uh, I'm not sure if I'm invisible or not, so don't flinch, please." She said softly, audible enough for Jay to hear. She knelt down and read the first cream she found. For itchy, dry skin...I guess we can try this. Serena unscrewed the cap, dragged a finger lightly across the cream and began gently applying it to Jay's face. He began to noticeably flinch at her touch, whether from the human contact or from the sting she wasn't sure. "L-Let me know, if it stings. I'll try another one..." She saw the other relax a little after he words and noticed the redness from his face begin to fade. She wasn't sure if it because he was-self healing or the cream worked, but nevertheless she gently began to apply it to the other splotches on his face, hoping that the cream was working.

Keo
*^_^*

Old 09-29-2013, 08:33 PM

Jay gritted his teeth, the lotion stung like a bitch but he didn't want to complain he knew it was helping a lot, he did appriciate the fact that the group still cared for him but he didn't know how to express this, he tugged at the blanket but he couldn't warm his body.
"Stupid... St..st..stupid..d"He complained at himself. He was so angry he'd let himself get so cold.

Stefan went into their tent and pulled another blanket out and threw it over Jay's body, he sat behind him and shared his own body warmth with him, he was worried Jay would flip out and push him away but he didn't react negatively at all, infact he allowed him to be close, "Jesus, you're freezing!" He complained.
"So, Serena, what's it like? turning invisible. Do you get a feeling from it or what? can you see yourself when you're invisible?" Stefan asked curiously whilst the little Jay shivered under him, it wasn't helping that Jay was so thin.