Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 03-26-2024, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigbigadorlube View Post
I dunno, I just read some of this one and then some of that one and so on. They're all different kinds of books too so I guess that helps.
I can barely keep up with one book these days

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-26-2024, 03:49 PM

Haha, that's fair, I'm just a crazy person. I finished book number twenty two last night. It was called "A History of What Comes Next". It was a historical fiction about the space race. I felt like the story was interesting but the voice of the author less so. I gave it three stars. It's a series but I won't be attempting to read the others. I don't really care about knowing the rest so much that I want to read more of it.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-28-2024, 02:25 PM

I just finished book number 23 yesterday. If I keep reading at this rate I'm looking at about 92 books this year. I'm hoping to beat my record of 101 though so I'll have to kick it up a notch! I'm in the middle of reading a bunch of books though so hopefully I can finish some of those up soon and add another batch to my read list.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-02-2024, 03:45 PM

I just finished book 25, whoo!!!

EDIT: Actually make that 26!

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 04-02-2024 at 06:27 PM..

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 04-10-2024, 06:28 PM

I'm currently reading a fairy tale book of sorts about Reynard the Fox. Apparently a tale from the Middle Ages. Very interesting. Love the illustrations by Jonas Lauströer. * o*

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-12-2024, 05:29 PM

Wow that sounds really interesting! I'm working through a new audiobook, ebook, poetry book, and a few other things. Plus I got two new French books during my recent trip to Berlin!

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 04-12-2024, 07:15 PM

Oh, gosh, that reminds me I need to work on listening to the audiobook for Lady Joker Volume 1 for the next Japanese Literature Book Club meeting on the first of May. It's such a massive work with a huge cast. It's been a little hard to digest cuz the author goes into so much detail but it's a really intriguing story nonetheless that's based on true events.

Ooh! When did you go to Berlin? O: I love visiting bookstores in other countries. * o*

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-24-2024, 02:24 PM

That sounds like a big undertaking! I tried to read a book for a book club recently but I finished chapter three and realized I really didn't care about any of the characters at all or what might happen to them so I gave up, lol!

We were in Berlin earlier this month. I just went through all my French books the other day and realized I had actually purchased duplicates, oops! Hopefully I can find someone at the French Alliance here who might like them.

I just finished book number 30 the other day. I'm still working towards my goal though it's felt a little more slow going the past few weeks...

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 04-27-2024, 02:43 PM

Sure is! I'm only halfway through now with about 11 and a half hours left. I hope I can finish it up in 5 days. o wo; It really isn't a book I would be interested in reading on my own time but I can see it being a tv show or movie I would totally watch. I like how intricate the details of the plot are and how all the men come together to basically steal money from a huge corporation. It really teaches you about the history of discrimination in Japan too.

Oooh~ lol I hate when that happens. You should keep an inventory. :'D

I've been reading a lot of comics, manga, and graphic novels. I read novels so slowly.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 05-06-2024, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigbigadorlube View Post
That sounds like a big undertaking! I tried to read a book for a book club recently but I finished chapter three and realized I really didn't care about any of the characters at all or what might happen to them so I gave up, lol!

We were in Berlin earlier this month. I just went through all my French books the other day and realized I had actually purchased duplicates, oops! Hopefully I can find someone at the French Alliance here who might like them.

I just finished book number 30 the other day. I'm still working towards my goal though it's felt a little more slow going the past few weeks...
Book number 30 and she says it is slow going *hides her list behind her back*

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-09-2024, 01:30 PM

I finished book number 33. I have no idea what the heck I just read, it was awful. Definitely don't recommend The House of Cotton.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-10-2024, 11:21 PM

I just finished a book about the truth and fiction of the Day Vinci Code. It was pretty interesting though it took a while to get through.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old Yesterday, 02:30 PM

I just finished Inciting Joy but hated it.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old Yesterday, 09:07 PM

I’ve been struggling my way through the Hades and Persephone books. They’re just SO horrible. I cannot bring myself to finish the last two. It doesn’t seem worth it.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old Yesterday, 09:16 PM

That's a shame because I usually like Hades and Persephone stories.

I'm just starting The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella, my friend suggested it. I hope it ends up good haha.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old Yesterday, 10:36 PM

The ones by Scarlett St Clair? Those are the ones I refer to. And yes, I cannot handle the sniveling or constant “need for release,” no matter the situation. The writing just feels undeveloped and juvenile. More what I would expect from a high schooler writing fanfics than from a published series. There’s so much potential for an amazing plot and I like the story itself, but really can’t stand how it’s presented. It had SO much potential, and she clearly did a lot of research on Greek mythology and constructed and interesting world here. I prefer the Hades versions to the Persephone version tenfold, though. I just finished Game of Gods and I’m just DNFing the rest of the series. My friend just finished the latest Persephone book, and she actually enjoyed the other books, and she said it was so bad that she regrets having wasted her time on it. Perhaps I’ll listen to the next Hades book when it comes out, but for now I really don’t find the series very redeemable. And I know most authors have a line they overuse, but her use of “are you well?” was so beyond excessive that it drove me mad.

Okay, rant over. I did listen to Lightlark lately and quite enjoyed it. So much so that I actually bought Nightbane on my kindle to read because the library didn’t have it available at all and I wanted to continue with it. It’s rather simple but enjoyed it all the same.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old Today, 04:00 PM

I finished book number 35 yesterday "A Place For Vanishing" which I enjoyed though it does come with a lot of trigger warnings. My library finally bought a book I've been pining after so now I'm reading "Wolfpack" by Amelia Brunskill.