Deck the Halls 6 8.70%
Oh! X-Mas Tree 5 7.25%
Other.... 52 75.36%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Alchemist of Anarchy
Send a message via AIM to Alchemist of Anarchy
  • Challenge Alchemist of Anarchy in the Arcade

Old 12-29-2009, 10:26 PM

This may sound weird but I absolutely hate getting gift cards. Unless it's from someone that doesn't know me too well getting a gift card means one of two things to me:

1. The person was too lazy to shop and is making me do all the work.
2. The person just didn't care or completely forgot and came up with a quick fix.

And I'm not trying to be rude or mean but I live in the boondocks so unless it's a gift card from Walmart, Meijers, or Walgreens I have to go completely out of my way to use it! Grrrrrr!

Akuma-hime
  • Challenge Akuma-hime in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 06:37 AM

an extremely pink and frilly shirt from my mom when i was 12. I was going through puberty and was a rebel with out a cause and scram that i hated pink and that black was my new favorite. i felt bad afterwards and apologized

ObsidianRose
  • Challenge ObsidianRose in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 06:46 AM

Horrible Gift Ideas? Very hard to say so because all gifts are nice. ^^ But...I guess clothes are kind of bad idea because its hard to get the right size or the right style. That would apply to makeup too.

Emo Teddy
  • Challenge Emo Teddy in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 07:39 AM

Twilight hotties book -shudders-
I've been given rocks out to people since i was little

Allucard
  • Challenge Allucard in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 10:37 AM

Here's a bad idea in general, extended to a pretty cruel gift. Get someone a pedometer, so they can keep track of how much they walk and run, because you think they need to loose weight, and then bother them all the time about how they don't use it enough.

sayuri_nitta
Send a message via MSN to sayuri_nitta
  • Challenge sayuri_nitta in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 11:08 AM

I don't think I've ever given anyone a truly horrible Christmas gift, I tend to ask people what they'd like, that makes the margin of error smaller XD

I've gotten tons of bad presents though, mostly things like soap, talcum powder & face creams ( I wash every day already thanks lol ). When I'd not long been with my now fiance he bought me an awful dress that I wore about once, and then it made it's way out of the house about a year or two later when he'd forgotten about it XD

DizzieDummie

Old 12-30-2009, 11:20 AM

lololol @ allucard

another horrible gift idea in general?
a pet
like srsly
just
the pet
>.>

Condemned Citrus
  • Challenge Condemned Citrus in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 04:08 PM

Dr. Horrible T-shirt!
just kidding.
Every body gives me crazy socks... that's fine, but there are repeats and some are pretty lame and they're all SOCKS.

RawrMuse
Send a message via Yahoo to RawrMuse
  • Challenge RawrMuse in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 04:13 PM

well 2 years ago we were doing Secret Santa in my classroom and i was really excited =3....buuutt....the person tht was suppose to give meh the present said he forgot to come to school...the the other day he came with a pack of pink gum >.>...i was likkee waaa T.T...i thought my Christmas was ruined o.o.but my mom and dad got meh 4 adowable christmas present so i felt better :D.

DeLish
  • Challenge DeLish in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 06:58 PM

I gave my boyfriend a PSP memory card. He doesn't have a PSP, can't afford one, but REEEEEEALLY wants one. Well, I couldn't afford one either, so I got him the next best thing in preparation for when he DOES get it!

That's like getting a kid a bike helmet for a bike he really wants but doesn't have, or maybe the box of a girl's most desired Barbie doll in hopes that the Barbie will be in it one day or something. I so bombed. He couldn't even hide his disappointment.

Back in the day (elementary school), we had a Secret Santa thing. I got the most unpopular kid in the school as a partner. He got me some plastic nails with white people skin. You see my avatar; that's my skin tone. Why would I want some slip-on nails with white people fingers? They did make fun finger tap shoes... BUT STILL!

PhantomLolita
  • Challenge PhantomLolita in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 07:11 PM

My grandma used to make me t-shirts with my name on them, but she spelled my name wrong every time. She's also given me christmas pins and little figurines that would be better gifts for her than for me. One year she gave me some nice gold earrings, but she knows my ears are stretched way too big for them. She tries though...I keep everything she gives me and always act delighted to get it. She usually gives me some money too, which is nice.

Oh yeah, one year my other grandma bought me a lava lamp ipod speaker. I don't own an ipod...so it didn't do me any good.

I don't know that I've ever given a really bad gift. I guess when I didn't have any money and made people things, those could be considered "bad gifts". I made my ex-boyfriend a picture frame out of a wire hanger once. I thought it was cool, but I could be wrong.

Kole_Locke
  • Challenge Kole_Locke in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 07:30 PM

Horrible gift ideas would be getting cheaply made items from a dollar store. I remember one year getting an item that was a shirt that came apart after a few washes in the washing machine.

XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX
  • Challenge XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 08:00 PM

The worst gift I ever received was a snowman that sang and danced. I was so disgusted, I wanted to slap my grandmother for buying me it. I hope she got me something good this year...if not I'm going to be angry.

Miep
  • Challenge Miep in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 08:23 PM

The worst present I ever got was a planner from my grandma. She had gotten it as a freebie from a magazine, had already opened the box then taped it back up and put it in a bag. >.> Gee thanks grandma.... I thanked her though and pretended I liked.

The worst present I've ever seen though was what my uncle gave to my aunt...fishing lures and as far as I know she has no fishing pole. XD

Kokihi
  • Challenge Kokihi in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 08:27 PM

I usually only give horrible gifts at White elephant parties.
my sister, though, actually got socks and a sweater for Christmas.